cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here i have a question is after processing of my message to xi server if the receiver system will not be available, then what is the status of message & where it will restore & then after the system will invoke what will happen to that message.

plz give reply,

regards,

k.h.sundar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the type of the receiving system. If its non-SAP system you can sue the

fault message to capture the error in the receiving system.

If its a SAP system (example IDoc) you need to configure ALEAUDIT to get the acknowledgment.

In either case you can see the message in SXMB_MONI.

hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sundar,

You will get successfull message in SXMB_MONI. But if you look into the RWB Audit log , it will retry as many times you given the parameter in SXMB_ADM. I think the parameter name in IS_RETRY_LIMIT. So let say if its 3 , it will try for three times and finally the status will be NDLVD - Not Delivered. So after that u can manually restart those message.

Note: The above discussion is applicable for Asynchronous messages.

Best regards,

raj.

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar ,

<i> after processing of my message to xi server if the receiver system will not be available, then what is the status of message & where it will restore & then after the system will invoke what will happen to that message.</i>

If once rthe receiver system couldn't found the message ends with error. No further processing will happen. It will stops the Process . If you want u can resend the message by using Restart message Option which is available in message Monitoring.

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From personal experience if the receiver system like r/3 is not up,it shows an error in the connection itself.Communication Channel not started something like this. Message gets picked up but even if you start the receiver system, it doesnt not appear there.

Thanks