cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify order of RFC'S calling in a bussiness package component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is to find out order of rfc's calling for bussiness package(ESS) component.......................i can't proceed to do modifications without knowing about order of rfc'c calling...............

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What is the application you are refering in ESS?

Check the below URL for FPM(Floor Plan Manager) , All the ESS components from SAP will use this FPM. By understanding FPM you have to analyze the code and findout which RFC's are called, this also depends on events in the application.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm">FPM (FloorPlanManager)</a>

There is no generic order for execution of RFC's, all depends on the application developer.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srikanth,

Thanq,but my requirement is to modify the component, which they will be giving

from a bussiness package placed in NWDI tracks.

I can able to open the project in webdynpro perspective and able to see the MODEL with rfc's,my question is like how can i identify the order of rfc's calling in the application(leave request) for ESS package............................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To identify the order of RFC's calling in your application, you have look into CcAppl Component in ess/lea DC.

loadConfiguration() method in CcAppl performs the following actions

• Initializes member variables (especially the VACs and the perspectives)

• Defines the navigation graph

• Creates a list of all perspectives

In case of ess/lea, first perspective is perspCreateEdit.

Perspective perspCreateEdit = new Perspective(PERSP_CREATE_EDIT_NAME, Perspective.LAYOUT_ROW, new VAC[] { vacEdit, vacTeamView });

VAC vacEdit = new VAC(DC_NAME, VAC_FORMEDIT_PACKAGE);

public final static String VAC_FORMEDIT_PACKAGE =

PACKAGE_PREFIX + "form.edit.VcFormEdit";

It means the first view is from VcFormEdit component, ie EditView.

In Edit view, <b>Pt_Arq_Request_Prepare</b>, <b>Pt_Arq_Application_Create</b>, <b>Pt_Arq_Search_Next_Processor</b> Function modules are calling to fill types of leave, Approver name,.....

This is the way to identify the order of calling function modules in application.

Regards

Vasundhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasundhara,

Thanks for giving reply with valuable points.............

can you help in this again?

I am working on the same BP(ESS~lea) for the modifications in leave request.

So can u share with me with your work.Now i am able to see the 14 components and i am not able to understand where to make modifications for leave request means in which component and view i should modify the things.

I hope an early reply from you..................

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, there are 14 components under ess/lea DC. It would be better to if you share your requirement. So that I can help you.

Regards

Vasundhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vasundara,

Thanks for giving reply...........

My requirement is to make modifications for leave request

The component needs to be Checked-out through Net Weaver Development Infrastructure, make the necessary enhancements, and finally Check-it-in back to NWDI.

Custom Function Modules are to be invoked apart from the standard ones that are already available in the Leave Request component – ess~lea inorder to accommodate the extra absence-type logic.

i hope you understood my requirement............

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasundhara,

I doubt that i did'nt tell you the requirement in a crisp and hence could'nt get you reply. Sorry..

Please know that, "<b>i want to just add 2 more ui elements to the LEAVE REQUEST APPLICATION and call an RFC in that particular component</b>".

Eventhough the requirement is very simple, i could'nt make out the start and end point of this application. When i run the "Leave Request application", i get the Leave request form as output. But there are 19 components under "Lea" and the "Leave Request Application points to FPM component which is NOT one among these 19".

Also, i had checked each and every "component and its views". Since i have to do this customization in a short time span, i dont want to waste much time in continuing the same. Hence i request your help by sharing your experience in ESS customization.

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, I was not clear your requirement before.

First you should be clear

1. In which view you want to add 2 UI elements.

2. Is Data coming for existing function module/model or Do you need to import function module.

Once you are clear above two and

if the data is coming from existing model,

1. Check in which Fc the models are using

2. Check corresposing Fc is added in Used Webdynpro components of Vc Component. If not, add Fc to Vc

3. Check in the context of Vc, whether required data is coming to Component Controller and View Controller.

4. If data is coming to View controller, add 2 UI elements in your view layout and map to corresponding fields.

If data is coming from other FM, need to re-import model and add that model to Fc, execute the FM and follow above steps.

Still you face problem, please mail me. vasundhara27@gmail.com

Regards

Vasundhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasundhara,

Thanks for your clear response. I'm unable to find the "view" in which i have to add my ui elemets. Till i confirm this, i'm not moving to the RFC and data part at all.

Actually, the output of the leave request application is shown in the screen shot that i have forwarded to your gmail id. This is the page in which i want to do modifications. I'm unable to find the exact view but i doubt that it should be "Edit view" of "VcFormEdit" component. I have already tried to add UI element to this view. But i could see the change only in my webdnpro and not in the final output screen (ie the screen shot sent to you).

Can you guess whether my guess about the view is right or wrong? if right, then what would be the reason that whatever change i do does not reflect in the final output view(or view set)?

Kind Regards,

Rajesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by:

Rajesh Nimmakayala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Other thing that can help you to identify the order is to start a trace at your ERP. You can Activate your trace at the ST01 or ST05 trx, then run the WD Application and then deactivate and analize your trace. Remember that this order of execution may vary with the order you follow to fill the data at your application, this isn't strict.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

María Margarita Monteverde