cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stoping communiction Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see a options 'Start' and 'Stop' in Communication channel monitering. can i stop the communication channel individually without actually Deactivating the Channels.

what would be the difference between Deactivating and Stoping the channel.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I see a options 'Start' and 'Stop' in Communication channel monitering. can i stop the communication channel individually without actually Deactivating the Channels.

what would be the difference between Deactivating and Stoping the channel.</i>

>>

yes you can start and stop communication channels. this is something similar to deactivating and activating them

Advantage is that you can now directly start/stop them instead of going into ID and making their status deactive and then Activate the changes from your change list. The start and stop makes ur life easier.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes u can manually start r stop it.

Messages that are sent to stopped channels do not undergo retry attempts. They are not rescheduled until the channel is started again.

Instead of going into ID,u can activate it here itself thtas the main advantage.

regards

yugapreetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes offcourse you can stop a communication channel.

This facility is generally used when you want to make a one time transfer of data to a particular system. and may use it again in the future.

For example,

In a file adapter, if you are polling a particular directory every some mins, the polling will go on infinitely even if there's on data in the directory and hence use XI resources in vain. Hence you might turn it off and turn it on later as per requirment.

Regards,

Ashish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes u can do it individually

Regards,

Prateek

Message was edited by:

Prateek Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can stop the communication channel individually.

Deactivate CC is different from actually stoping the channel..In order to properly fuction every object needs to be activated in XI.Any object that needs to participate in the scenario needs to be activated first.

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>can i stop the communication channel individually without actually Deactivating the Channels.

of couse you can

Regards,

michal