Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use create, delete, modify butttons in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

in my application i have emp table in my source view

in that table i have inserted static data in columns i.e., empid, empname. i have 3 buttons create, delete, modify buttons in that table. when i press Create button it navigates to another view1 in which we have a emp form with create new emp button and labels empid, empname and 2 input fields.After filling the form when hit the create newemp button the form data should be displayed in the table.

The same for Modify and delete. i.e., when i select a particular empid row in my source view table and hit the modify button it should navigate to view2 in which the particular record form with data displays and after making necessary modifications the modified data should be display in the particular row .

For delete button, when i select a particular record in the table and hit delete button it should be deleted from the table.

any snippet of code is valuable

Thanks in advance

sravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Do check out the following Weblog it will answer your query.Code Snippets are also provided there.

Link :

/people/harsh.chawla/blog/2005/03/08/table-handling-in-webdynpro

Revert back for further assistance.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijith

i have already gone through it but it describes how to insert static data byt i want the data to be inserted through a form

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sravan,

Please give me your email id so that i can send you the code sample.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai vijith thanks for ur help

these are my mailids

sravan.vennamalla@sitacorp.com

vshravan03@yahoo.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

would you please so kind and send me also the code sample for thread:

how to use create, delete, modify butttons in a table?

I would be very very glad !

Is there a Webservice included or what kind of model do you use?

Thank you

Regards Mario

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

I just need a clarification, are you getting the table data from the back-end system?

On the second view, after the user input on click of the "Create New" or "Modify" button, update the back-end. Once the update is successful, fire a plug back to the first view and reload the table or execute the model again. The updated records will be fetched from back-end system.

On click of "Delete" button, remove the record from the back-end and execute the model again.

This holds good if you have the data fetched from the back-end.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai santhosh

in my application im not using any backend

it will come into picture later.

right i want to insert data into table through a form

and modify the data through a form. table is my source view in which i have Create button which upon hitting we will get a form to be filled

any snippet of code is valuable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check some of the tutorials here on SDN. I'm quite sure they can answer some of your questions.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq