Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with jdbc to file scenario

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to do a JDBC to file scenario. I need to do a SELECT * query from my table.

An external application does the updation into my tables. I needed XI to connect to my JDBC system whenever there is an update in the tables and post it as a file.

Please guide me on this guys

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply use the polling mechanism of JDBC sender with ur query as follows:

select * from tab where Field_Updated = "Updated_Value"

Field_updated is the field updated by ur external application.

Provide some polling interval say 60 sec.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you specify underlying table fields that you are using >? What are the primary fields or are you maintaining any flags that specify wether the data has been updated in the table?

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

No flags are there...

Also, Its a .net app which will update the database..

Thanks

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i'm not sure. but what i think is to expose the .net application as webservice (is it possible?) and configure the scneario accordingly.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as pointed out have a indicator in ur table that is updated by the external system for setting that the record is read when the jdbc is polled. this would be help for avoiding reading the same records again and again whioch results in duplication. u can follow this blog (reve engg )

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I suppose the problem is with identifying the which records have been updated >? If you can specif your table structure that will be clear...

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

U pointed out correctly. As my external application will update the database at random intervals, I want to do a select * whenever there is an updation in my database table. Giving the polling interval will not solve my problem as i need to query my table thru xi only when an updation has occured in my tables. Somthing like change pointers in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you specify underlying table fields that you are using >? Even wht are the primary fileds or are maitaining any flags ?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

varun

maybe this is possible to control the adapter when an external application updates the DB. u can config the jdbc adapter at a very minimum time frame and using the select query to can pull the data. also have some status field to update against the record that was picked as a result of polling. what is the external application that updates the DB? if ur external application supports remote function calls u can use them but not in xi.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has three columns

Noun

NounGroup

Abv

Here Noun is the primary key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Where are you facing the problem exactly

Are you maintaining any status column in the table.(indicating that the records need to be read)??