cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between two dynpro components views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two dynpro component first and second with views firstView and secondView respectively.

application runs first component (thus firstView).Now on clicking some button in firstView I want to go (display) secondView which lie in Second component.

I am running standalone application in browser not in portal.

plz suggest me how to proceed.

Rgds,

Vilish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To define the navigation between the views, you need to create exit and entry points for each view using outbound and inbound plugs. Only then you can specify the navigation flow using navigation links.

You can use following pdf file to learn more.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/abc/creating your first web dynpro application.pdf

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a special reason for having two components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

add component b in the used webdynpro components of component a and it will expose the interface controller of component a to b. This you can use to transfer data between the two views.

regards

vln

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vln,

Thnx for quick response

I know that how to pass data between two component using interface controller.

My problem is that i want to display second component's view in the browser when i click some button in the first component's view.

Rgds,

Vilish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vilish

Lets us take that You have Comp A and Comp B.

Comp A is your parent component and Comp B is your child component.

1. Expose The webdynpro component of Comp B as a public part.

2. In Comp A, Go to Used DCs add the Comp B as a used DC

3. In Comp A, Go to UsedWebdynpro component section and add the Comp B.

4. In the view part of Comp A, create a view from a Interface view, and Create one more view of parent component

5. Go the diagram view of Comp A and create a outbound plug from View of Comp A to Interface view of Comp B

6. Go to the implementation tab

7. On the button action in the view of Comp A , fire the outbound plug.

Let me know if you require furthur help

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

to do this right click on the window(ur window) of component A and open the navigation modeler. Also say embed view, and choose the option to embed the interface view of component b. Now the navigation modeler shows both views connect them via a plug.

regards

vln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks all,

I have solved the problem.

Vln, i followed the same procedure.

Kishore, I was not using DCs, still you provided good hint.

Ashutosh, I wanted to navigate from between views of two diffrent dynpro component not between different views in the same component. Thanx anyway for the reply

Rgds,

Vilish