cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP service not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The service SAP<sid>_00 service in services.msc is not running and when i try to start it, it is throwing message like <b>"Some services stop automatically when they have no work to do"</b>. The startup type is automatic. What shall i do to start this service. The SAP system as a result not getting listed in SAP MMC.

Please advise me in this regard

Thanks,

Ganesh N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

You can try one thing go to usr\sap\SID\......\exe directory and look sapstartsrv.exe Just execute this file this will ask you to fill up some information about userid and password and select the profile it will registered that service.

But not sure about this

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will check the existence of $(DIR_INSTANCE)\work and will change its current working directory to this directory.

the service is started using a Startprofile.

If $(DIR_INSTANCE) is not explicitly is set in the Startprofile it defaults to

saplocalhost\saploc\$(SAPSYSTEMNAME)\$(INSTANCE_NAME).

saplocalhost\saploc is translated to the directory structure if a share saploc exists on the local computer.

the share saploc was recreated (in other words you create a share named SAPLOC pointing to a different directory than <sapdrive>:\usr\sap) you will get this error message.

$(xxx) are possible profile parameters in start and instance profiles.

DIR_INSTANCE is normally not set

SAPSYSTEMNAME and INSTANCE_NAME are set in any case.

Peter

SAPLOC can only exist once on an application server.

regards

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was the service running before?

did you check the application and system event logs for any errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes the server was running before. Where can i check the logs for this particular error? can you give me the location of the logs?

Regards,

Ganesh N

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see them in event log viewer

0 Kudos

Have a look into My Computer - Manage - Event Viewer - Application what the service said on not starting successfully.

HTH, Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is showing like"Unable to change to Directory E:\DBGate\sap\VM8\DVEBMGS00\work. (Error 3 ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND: The system cannot find the path specified. ) [ntservstart.cpp 693"]

Please suggest....

Regards,

Ganesh N

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and....?

does the PATH "E:\DBGate\sap\VM8\DVEBMGS00\work" exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No .. The path specified doesnt exist.... Is there any workaround to solve the issue?

Ganesh N

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are folders

E:\DBGate\sap\VM8\DVEBMGS00

E:\DBGate\sap\VM8\sys and its subfolders

with content

there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not a directory structure known to me (SAP).

may be you have installed a standalone gateway on a different drive and you create a Share SAPLOC on E:\DBGate\sap on it?

If so revert SAPLOC to point to the \usr\sap Directory structure of the DVEBMGS instance.

Peter