Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Returnable Packaging

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem that for a liquid of say Liquid PH-5 ,1 litre must be packed in a returnable packaging material bottle-BV1,

The bottle can hold only 1 litre of the liquid and in sales order and Delivery level if i go for Packing Proposal the material is packed in the Returnable Packaging Material BV1.

But the Quantity of the Returnable Pack Material does not get updated.

How to solve this problem?

Regards,

Sarosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarosh

Please check following

The packaging’s material master record should use the material type VERP for packaging and the item category group LEIH. The item category group LEIH is the SAP standard for returnable packaging. - Check for your bottle BV1.

TAL (the item category for returnable packaging) in the shipping unit

header, then when you create the delivery, SAP will also create an item TAL for that shipping material in the delivery. When you goods issue the delivery, SAP will record that this shipping material has been issued to the customer and must be returned. Note that you only have to price the returnable packaging in the returnable packaging issue order document. It does not need to

be priced in the sales order and cannot be in this method.

Check if this all ok, rest please note returnable packaging material behaves in same way as packing material

In case you are still not able to do it, revert back

Regards

Jitesh

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur quick reply.Please do reply me the configuration of the following:

The Packaging Material quantity to be used for Packing a Liquid say 1 Litre.

Regards,

Sarosh