cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any work around to change 'bill to party' once the payment is cleaned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a specific situation which wants to change the 'bill to party' after the payment is finished already. That means the deal is closed, but still wants to change the 'bill to party' to sell to other customer. Is it possible to change the customer directly in sales order or invoice without going through 'customer return' process?

Thanks for your help, Ivy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First, are you talking about invoice quantity, then know, and as per Best Practice, it should not be.

If in case your sales order is open, and the rest quantity you want to bill it to other customer, then you can enter additional partner in sales order, for e.g. BP-Bill to party (this is just address where bill is posted) and PY(Payer-who will pay the bill)

and thus invoice can be prepared for your new PY

Regards

Jitesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your answers! I made a mistake, which i want to change is 'sold to party' not 'bill to party'. but anyway i know there is no standard process once all quantities are paid. Return process could be the final answer.

Thanks all of you, Ivy

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy

I am sure this is not possible in SD, also i advise you not to do this. Incase you want to sell the material to some other customer, the process is always to receive teh material first and then sell to some other customer. Only such a scenario will take care of the freight costs, incoterms, material cost(COGS) etc. Hence Please dont try to overwrite the partners by means of some enhancements. Always do a corresponding reversal and then initiate a new trade to some other partners. This will also give you a sales and returns figures which is free of any manual intervention. As a sale is considered to be a sale even if it is returned at the end of month report, (if there is a return, then it will come in returns report and hence will nullify in the net sales), please do sales by sales process and returns by returns process without changing the process flow.

Pls reward points if this has helped you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt that this should be possible.

You may have to just try through some userexit, while saving an incoming payment, so that it goes back to Billing Document & Sales Order & modifies the Bill to Party. Maybe, the user posting incoming payment should know what the Bill to Party is & in a pop-up screen, he should be able to enter Bill to Party or the required Bill to Party be maintained in 'Z' table from where it can be picked.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward point if helpful.