cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRILL_DOWN( ) function macro in DP forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am using certain planning/forecasting levels in demand planning. For example there are 5 planning levels/forecasting levels A, B, C, D, E (various characteristics). When planner carry out forecast at aggregate level in interactive planning and uses "Detail All" then forecast is disaggregated to lower levels depending upon the level at which original forecast was made. This is fine in interactive demand planning.

Challenge comes in when forecast is carried out in background. Now it us up to planner to select any level and forecast for that level. I wanted to write a macro using DRILL_DOWN( ) function. But I am not sure as to which aggregate level the selection for forecast was taken. Therefore not able to use DRILL_DOWN( ) function correctly.

Have you come across this kind of situation and solved it.

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you run the forecast in interactive or in background, when data is saved, this data is automatically disaggregated you don't need to do a macro in order to disaggregate data.

When you select Detail All, data is not being disaggregated, this data was disaggregated when you save it.

You can test it. You can create an activity to run a forecast, then assign this activity to a mass process, here in the mass process you have to specify the aggregation level that you want to use to run the forecast.

Then, you can enter to interactive planning and review the forecast in any level that you want, there must be a disaggregated forecast.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marín,

Data is dis-aggregated when I save it. That is precisely my worry. In case there is batch run of forecast at aggregate level and in the same batch planning results are getting transferred to R/3 then I guess then I guess planning results will not be disaggregated. Because there was no interactive planning and saving of results.

0 Kudos

Manoj,

When you run Statistical Forecast in background after the forecast is computed it gets saved in the according keyfigure. The stat forcast gets saved at the lowest CVC level in the process. So there should be no concern about the planning results getting transferred to R/3 without disaggregation.

Just to confirm when you mean planning results getting transferred to R/3 I assume you are doing Transfer to R/3.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, i agree with Somnath.

When you run statistical forecast in background, after every forecast the system saves the results. So you must not have problems with disaggregation.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marín and Somnath,

Thanks a lot for your time and effort in answering the question.

Answers (0)