cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOBS still work eventhough user doesn't exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new on this section, I don't know if I'm in the right forum but I have the next question....we have SAP since 7years ago, some users made schedule background jobs, some of them still working eventhough the user doesn't work here anymore, is there some way that the system analyzed, before the jobs will be launch, if the owner of job is still exist in the system?

I know that my English is not well, but I appreciated your help. Also If I need to make the question in another forum I will be so glad that someone could help me.

Regards.

Daniel Milan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus, I'm so glad with your answer However I have a new doubt, these background jobs its owners exist on the system, but they don't have the authorizations and permissions anymore that the job needs to work, why do they (jobs) still work? SAP should check if the job's owner has the correct authorizations, shouldn't it?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Daniel Milan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure it is like that? I doubt it, the job would bump out with a dump if permissions are really missing.

--

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus & Amit, I'm so GLAD whit yours tips!!!! They helped me a lot. I could understand the behavior of the background jobs.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Daniel Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

It is not the User that released scheduled batch job is checked for the authorizations. But it is the Background User Name for Authorization Check.

Just check the table TBTCO with an sample jobcount and name and compare the fields AUTHCKNAM and RELUNAME.

You would find that the fields are different.

Hope this helps understand the setup of batch jobs.

Regards

Amit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The creator of a job doesn´t necessarily mean, that this user is still running the job. With appropriate permission a user can create a job and run that job under a different user.

If you see a job running under a username, that is really deleted (not just deactivated for dialog logins), this is certainly a bug and shouldn´t happen.

--

Markus