Did you mean: 

Creating iViews/Pages/Layouts for Crystal Enterprise Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in portal Administration. My manager has requested me to

create an "iView for Crystal Enterprise Report". I have search SAP

market place and help.sap.com for step by step documentations to assist

me but cannot find any comprehensive document.

Can you please send me information’s and documentations on the step by

step approach in creating an "iView for Crystal Enterprise Report"?

Thanks,

Haffiz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help from someone. I have being troubleshooting this problem and cannot get it resolved. When i tried to preview the Crystal Enterprise Iview i got the error below.

========================

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

Application URL ':///viewreport.csp' is not valid! Please check the protocol and host entries for system 'BD1CLNT100'..

=============================

Does any body know why am getting this error?

Thanks,

Haffiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hafiz.....

it is not a big issue..

goto the content management role

under PCD.......click on your folder.

new->iView->iView from template->now select->Crystal enterprise Report..

Native and Based on Bex query....I don't know which one suits your requirement and how.......but for both a system object is required.....how to create system object is described below.

System object creation et.al.

and you have to create a system object from the System admin role....I think you know it.....

then map this system object to the particular user.(in this case, for you login).....and select this system object there...during creation of iView.

Cheers.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steelman! I appreciate you.

Yes, i have created the System object. (BD1CLNT100)

But when i was following the steps you gave to me in creating the Crystal Enterprise Report :> Folder= (Crystal Report) ->iView->Crystal Enterprise Report> ( iView Name => “rptTest”/ iView ID => “rptTest” )Standard Crystal Enterprise Report-->

It is asking for the system, which i selected the system object i created (BD1CLNT100), then it is asking for (Crystal Enterprise Report ID, Application Parameters) and the (Viewer Application Page) is set to default "viewreport.csp"

What should is the (Crystal Enterprise Report ID, Application Parameters) and should i leave (Viewer Application Page) set to default "viewreport.csp"?

Thanks,

Haffiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check out the link below it will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/f9e1ac7da0ee4587d79e8de7584966/content.htm

here you fine the link to Creating Crystal Report iViews hope it will help you

*********please reward points if the information is helpful to you*************

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh HN! I have previously seen this link but it was not helpful to me. I do appreciate you. If you have any more information, kindly let me know.