Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter connection parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done the following scenario.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

The source file is picked and in SXMB_MONI it shows checkered flag but not reaching the target.

what should I give in connection parameters for Mail Server incase if I want to sent my file to gmail/yahoo mail

Thanks,

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Your receipient email address (gmail/yahoo) has nothing to do with connection parameters.

Con params in adapter refer to a mail server to connect and send email to the given receipient email addres...this mail server is needed coz XI doesnt have mail server built in...it uses external mail servers

hope its clear now

praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

In your receiver mail adapter in the URL give your companys mail server address. In the To you can fill the gmail or yahoo mail Id. As soon as the scenario runs in XI you will get a mail in your gmail/yahoo account provided if you dont have any errors in your scenario in XI.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its one of the few questions on SDN for which i m still able to find a solid answer:)

mails work fine for comapny ID's but for external system either firewall or some other things keeps on giving problem

anyways have a look at the following for gmail

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Ahmad: Its also working in the same way as you mentioned.

Thank you all for your replies.

-

srini

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

Did u checked the audit log of the receiver mail comm.channel. Do check it and reply back.

Best regards,

raj.