Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer parameter from pdk java iview to Webdynpro iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have portal NW 04 SP 12.

i want to transfer some parameters from PDK iview to Wdp iview on the server With out using client side eventing.

When we used only PDK iviews, it was easy using session parameters (request.getsession).Can i do something like this between Webdynpro and PDK Iview?

I did not found a way to use session parameters in Wdp application.

Thanks & regards Nir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

1. Create a portal service to store the data using httpsession

2. From the PDK iview get the Http session and put the session in Portal service

3. Access this portal service in webdynpro and get the session stored in Portal service. Then you store the required data in the session

The above solution works only if your portal and webdynpro components are running on same box.

if you are running your portal and webdynpro components on different boxex then

1. Expose the portal service as a web service

2. Consume the webservice in Webdynpro

Let me know if you require any other info.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First thanks for the quick answer.

Can you please give me some more info describe your solution.

I already tried to use portal service.

The problem is my parameter must be unique per user &

session. What you mean by store the session in the portal service? I want to store the require data using pdk iview

& then load it in the Webdynpro application.

Just remember that the same user can use few sessions

at the same time.

Thanks Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

You have not mentioned whether your webdynpro component iviews and PDK iviews are running on same box or on different box.

1. When ever you access a webdynpro iview from portal, portal session id is also passed as a cookie. So,

In Portal service create methods as follows

1. HttpSession getPortalSession(sessionID)

2. void putPortalSession(sessionID,HttpSession).

In PDK iviews you have direct access to request object there by you can get the session info and place the required data. Apart from that put the session in the portal service using the put method.

From webdynpro component access the portal service and you get the session id as a cookie. Pass the session id as cookie to the get method and get the httpsession. There by you can retrieve the values stored in the session.

If it is in differnt runtime access the same thru webservice.

Let me know if you require any other information.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the help.

First our portal & Wdp is on the same box.

Any way the only thing i have to find now is a way to get

The portal session id in the Wdp application.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks & regards Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nir

As i said when ever you call a web dynpro component session id is passed as a cookie. Here is the code.

HttpServletRequest req =((com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.adapter.core.IWebContextAdapter) WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter()).getHttpServletRequest();

Cookie[] cookies = req.getCookies();

for ( int i=0; i<cookies.length; i++) {

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(cookies.getName());

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(cookies.getValue());

}

Check for the Cookie JSESSIONID. This is required when you are running on different box. Since you said it is on the same box you can directly get the Http Session from the first two lines of code

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, you might have the same session in your Web Dynpro application as within the Portal (since they're running on the same box) and thus you might be able to get access to the session using:

HttpSession session =((com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.adapter.core.IWebContextAdapter) WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter()).getHttpServletRequest().getSession();