Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One IDOC sent but 8 IDOCs received in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange problem:

I generate a IDOC at the end of a simple BPM (receive message, send same message, no transformation step). In sxmb_moni, I can see one message (from process engine to IDOC adapter) as expected. When I click on "IDOC"-field in the message row (sxmb_moni), I can see that 8 identical IDOCs (only different IDOC numbers) were generated and in the SAP Backend system, I also receive 8 IDOCs.

This effect sometimes appears, sometimes not. I cannot see why or why not.

Has anyone an idea where I could search to stop this phenomen?

Kind regards,

Torsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a standard IDOC?

Can you check the value of IDOC begin = ? in the idoc that generates 8 idocs.

what is the source of the inbound idoc?

if possible show the xml source from sxmb of both target and source?

sincerely,

--NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- no this is a custom IDOC

- <IDOC begin=1

- source of the IDOC is a bpm

Regards,

Torsten

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Torsten,

Can u check the payload in Request Message Mapping node level in SXMB_MONI. And see how many times IDOC node have been repeated.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, can you describe what you see for the BPM in SWI1 or the by clicking PE in SXMB_MONI for that message; As someone pointed above, you may be inadvertently collecting...

Describe the BPM - what is it doing, what are the steps - what triggers it.

Your question is sort of vague so you need to provide more details.

sincerely,

--NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

it's only a simple BPM: one receive step and one send step. The send step sends the received message. So it's kind of a dummy-BPM. Anyway, this process worked for a long time, so I don't think, that the BPM is the source of the problem.

As I described in my last message, is it possible that an invalid IDOC message could result in multiple sending attempts?

Regards,

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check your QoS settings in the BPM and the ID?

sincerely,

--NM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you use the T Code IDX5 in XI and see if there are 8 outbound idoc's in XI as well?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

yes, in IDX5 I can see the same 8 IDOCs.

Regards,

Torsten

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am surprised.

Are you sure your BPM is not using a Collect Pattern where it is collecting Idoc's?

Or Maybe you are using Idoc Packaging like pointed above.

There seems to be some setting that you have overlooked and it has to be either of the 2 that is causing this issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavsh,

no, I'm not using a collect pattern. BPM simple consists of one receive step and one send step.

I don't think that there are any Packaging settings on XI, because it worked already for a long time and we didn't change settings.

Or could Packaging settings in the backend system influence the XI?

But I got a step further: If I double-click on one of these IDOC messages in IDX5, I can see a lot of error status entries (6x status 51, 2x status 54). Is it possible that XI sends an IDOC multiple times if an error occurs?

Kind regards,

Torsten