cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't locate .properties file on Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created an RID.properties file inside a DynPro application under src/packages/... and I am able to load it and get it's attributes from the DynPro code.

So far so good...

As far as I know this properties file can be viewd and modifed on the Visual Admin under:

Configuration Adapter -> webdynpro...

I've browsed all the folders at this location and couldn't locate my .properties file. So where is it...?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you only want to access and maintain the properties on server side...

ok, check out

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b8/aa343e32ff1033e10000000a114084/content.htm

for an example how to access the properties from your wdp app.

i suggest loading all props into a specific context node and corresponding attributes. perhaps there are better ways.

Now sth. uncomfortable:

Be careful when you redeploy your app. All properties are overwritten with the ones you defined locally.

you also cant delete the config on local side, it would be deleted on server, too. (at least i think so)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marius,

10X again for the useful info but I don't quite understand how to use this code.

When I write:

DeployableObject spiceDeplObj = WDDeployableObject.getDeployableObject("SPICe");

Which String should I put instead of "SPICe"? I tried my object name, my project name, my app name but with no success...

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, my mistake, I should have written "local/..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you defiantly deserve a "Solved Problem" points. 10X a lot Marius!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Sorry, i was not exact enough.

i meant:

- create a new file under the folder src/configuration in your webdynpro project, name it e.g. RiD.properties

- enter the values you need to configure with syntax "key = value"

- save file

- deploy your app

- have another check in visual admin if you can see the porperty file

I am not sure if you have to restart the J2EE Engine, i have something in mind. But i hope this helped you a bit further.

Greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marius,

Now I can see it (without restart by the way)!

But, how do I access this file now? When it was under the packages folder I could write for example:

resourceHandlerForRIDs.loadResourceBundle("roy.test.resources.RIDs", this.getClass().getClassLoader());

Now I can't and of course I don't want to hold and maintain two identical files at two different locations.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

can you try to create the config file under src/configuration

Greetings

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you please explain me how to create it? Should it look like the same as the properties file, with the same content and extension?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi inside the configuration adapter->webdynpro

check sap.com->your application name.

Hope you'll be able to locate it there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Noufal,

As I said at the begining, I've browsed <b>all</b> the folders under dynpro at this location and couldn't locate anything which is related to my project.

Roy