cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay in loading of webdynpro iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have integrated a webdynpro view with portal (webdynpro iView). In webdynpro, the code fetches data from multiple backend systems and hence there is a slight delay in the loading of the iView (during which it seems as if the page is blank).

Is there a way I could show in the iView, that the page loading is in progress so that a user waits to see the page?

Thanks

Anagha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are saying it's coming blank in between, but can't you see the sign that the page is loading?

and is this your first iview of the whole application? coz if it's not, then put all your database related code in the controller ( if you have put it in the iview ) so it'll decrease the load on the iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Yes, it is coming blank initially till the data is retrieved from backend and shown in the view. Also, there is no sign that shows that the page is loading.

All DB related calls are in component controller and there is only view of the application.

Haven't found a solution yet. But thanks for responding.

Many Thanks,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its true that if its the only view of the component it'll take time to load as there is database related issues and for the first view of a application the page loding sign does'nt come.

whatever my understanding is if you can any how optimize you database related issues then it'll be helpful.

else it'll take time for the ivew to load.

Regards

Anirban