cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to understand the File System used by R/3 (Currently we are collecting some outbound IDOCs in this file system). Also, whether this file system comes with R/3 or its a separate component in a shop? Any article or blog speaks about this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>collecting some outbound IDOCs in this file system</i>

If u r storing the idocs as xml, then u r using simply the file system on which ur R/3 system is installed. It is Windows or Unix file system as per ur installaton.

<i>Also, whether this file system comes with R/3 or its a separate component in a shop?</i>

as per my understanding, it is the ur OS level file system.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek. Yes we are on the Unix file system.

do you have any link that details about this point?

Also, you say "it is the ur OS level file system" : What do you mean by that?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

OS Level file system in the sense, u have installed r/3 in UNIX system right? You will also have File system in the UNIX, isn't it? So u can use the same File system its not an separate component.

Hope it clears!!!

Best regards,

raj.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>do you have any link that details about this point?</i>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_File_System

<i>"it is the ur OS level file system"</i>.

I meant the OS on which ur SAP system is installed.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj.

How does this file system is used by R/3? Whether it is used to store the IDOCs that are mentioned as "Trigger by background programm "? What will happen if I have an Outbound IDOC with Immediate processing?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Whether it is used to store the IDOCs that are mentioned as "Trigger by background programm </i>

It is not stored on file system by default.

<i>What will happen if I have an Outbound IDOC with Immediate processing? </i>

It is stored in table on the databse on which WAS is installed

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i m assuming you are tlking in respect to one of your previous thread in which you queried about collecting IDOC's without BPM,right?

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

see when u create an XML port in WE21,you will give the path where IDOC XML will be stored. In the blog it is D:\usr\sap.......

so as you have a Unix File system,you need to give the path of the Unix system where you will be storing the IDOC-XML file and from there the sender file adapter will pick it up,as we have a single IDOC we dont send this IDOC to the File system and wait for other IDOC's to get collected.

when we have a single IDOC,we do the same thing,create a port in WE21,but that is a Transactional RFC port coz IDOC's needs to be send via tRFC to the XI system

Hope it helps

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Everything in a R/3 system is stored in the form of objects whether it is a Database object ,Functional Module (RFC/BAPI),etc.

Thanks