Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot Size behaviour in APO Optimizer

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are on SAP APO 4.1 and for planning we use optimizer, i have a general query on lot size behaviour in optimizer...For that i ahve simulated 3 runs with diff. settings..

Sub-assembly is with lot size procedure FX fixed lot size.. while for raw materials done following settings and carried run...

1) Carried a run with lot size procedure EX lot-for-lot,safety stock and with<b> min. lot size</b>. carried run but results are not satisfactory.. As per logic it should create orders with min. lot size defined in product master or from PPM which is higher we have PPM lot size 0 to 9999999 .......found that SNP optimizer does not support min. lot size with min lot size..Is it true ?

2) Carried a run with lot size procedure EX lot-for-lot,safety stock and with <b>fixed lot size</b> and deleting min. lot size, carried run but results are not satisfactory. As it should create requisitions with fixed order qty..

In both cases it generates purchase requisition for safety stock...

Not getting the logic of how APO treates lot size procedures....

Points will be assigned for answer..

Regards,

Amol chavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You,

But i am not able to find the exact behaviour of lot size with minimum or fixed lot size in optimizer for procured parts...

Regards,

Amol Chavan

Answers (0)