cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating components ST-SER and BI_CONT ?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to update solman 4.0 to sp-stack 12. I have updated all java components and everything except the above two components(ST-SER + BI_CONT) in sp-stack 12.

I have ST-SER 700_2006_1 patch 0001 - 0007 imported and now it won't allow me to go further even if I have all ST-SER 700_2006_2 patches up to 700_2007_1 patch 0001 available.

Same with BI_CONT which shows all versions from 703 patch 0001 - 0005 but none are imported.

I have read notes 662441 which states you must upgrade component ST-SER in transaction SAINT before you import all support packages but I had already imported everything except the two components above.

Any help on how to update these two components would be appreciated as I can't find any info relating directly to their installation.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

with ST-SER you have to do a Delta Upgrade first to 700_2006_2 or even to 700_2007_1. The relevant note is #569116. Please check in System -> Status the source release you have.

wit BI_CONTENT it could be that there is no BI_CONTENT component available. (At least I had this once as I worked with an old SolMan coming originally from 3.1 and which was upgraded.). Then you have to implement BI_CONTENT first before applying the patches.

Regards, Alexander

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply.

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by a Delta Upgrade first ? I read note 569116 but am still confused as to why SAINT will not allow me to update even though it is showing all available patches which I extracted to EPS\in but could not import.

Sorry my inexperience shows but I am relatively new to this and still training to be a technical consultant. If you can point me to documentation regarding "Delta Upgrade" I would be grateful.

Regards,

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST-SER 700_2007_1 patch 0001 is NOT an update to your installed version (ST-SER 700_2006_1) but a separate addon, that is a delta upgrade to your current installed addon.

You need to download this delta upgrade first:

http://service.sap.com/installations

--> Entry by Application Group

--> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

--> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0

--> Content

--> ST-SER

--> ST-SER 700_2007_1

--> Delta-Upgrade

Uncar that file into EPS/in and use SAINT to install it. If you already have Patch 0001 in place you can put that into the upgrade queue too.

--

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah great, it all makes sense to me now. Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nelis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to apply the latest patches for ST-SER 2007_1 and 2007_2.

I have met all the pre-requisites, but its not allowing me to apply them in SAINT (or SPAM for that matter).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

JP