cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System check for PO number with reference to document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How can i make the system check for PO number while order creation with reference to sold to and document type.

it should avoid duplication of orders with reference to PO numbers.

Please advice

thanks in advance

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in VOV8 tick check purchase no.

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Problem here is i am able to get warning message when i input A in the order.

But i want a error message of type E.

This should not save the document.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

What is the type of order you are creating...

Is it created manually in VA01...?

or is it created by EDI IDOC...?

Please specify...

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

requirement here is both EDI related and manual type of orders.

both are presnet and the logic should work for both...it should throw an error in either of the case....

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have EDI related orders then with the warning set up at order level will not solve.

IDOC with error can be once again re-processed and the IDOC will reach 53 status. This will not work..

If it is manual / EDI related you may have to use a USER EXIT in order to fix this and throw an Error...

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any idea what user exit i have to use...or where can i find the user exit related to PO number checking...

please help

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me check and i will confirm later...about the USER EXITS in VA01 T-code...

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Here are the details of USER EXIT at order level in VA01 t-code related to PO number checks:

Program running in the background of VA01 t-code is: <b>SAPMV45A</b>

Under this standard SAP program we have another main program: <b>SAPLXVVA</b>

Under this we have 3 user exits, out of which one will be responsible for processing the PO numbers in orders

User Exit available is: <b>ZXVVAU09</b>

This will check the PO number in the sales booking screen for the first time. VA01 Create with reference to another order and PO number.

Once again it will check the PO number in the main screen of sales order (VA01 Create without reference) once we key in the PO number, it validates and returns to the item level.

<b>So we can have user exit ZXVVAU09 modified in such a way that it stops processing the order by giving an ERROR.</b>

Hope this will help you out

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...

Sunil

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i forgot to add something about giving an error message.

you can modify the userexit to check for Po number if the customer is marked as ponumber required in the table and if the customer is marked and the sales docuemnt that is currently processed doesnot containg the PO number then you can assign a delivery block to that order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sunil,

as per the query u posted i understand you requirement as ' the system need to check for PO Number by salesdoctype and Sold to"

why do you want the system to take sold to party to take into consideration?

if your requirement is just to avoid the duplication of PO number you can set it at the document type level.(tcode.vov8)

but still it checks for PO number for all the customers who are using that sales document type in that sales area

i think your requirement might be like this

" you want to make PO number mandatory/PO number duplication check only for specific customers"

if that is your requirement you can do that by this way

1. create a new Ztable with fields like " soldtoparty,salesarea,sales documenttype, po number mandatory"

2.modify an appropriate userexit to check for POnumber and PO number duplication .while saving the order system first should check whether the soldto party in the saledocument is marked as PO number mandatory in the above table

if yes check whether ponumber is there and is it duplicate or not. if the soldto is not marked as po number required in the above table system should not check for po number and it should continue with saving the sales order

pls let me know whether i understood ur requirement correctly or not?

reward points if it is really useful. and there are someother alternate ways to do map the requirement. let me know whether ur requirement is that or not?

Thanks

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better go with the incompletion procedure.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Use T-code VOV8 and input your Sales document type. Here in GENERAL control you can see the field Check purch.order no. Here enter the option "A".

This will solve your problem.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U also need to maintain A in the filed check purchase order number in the VOV8 sales document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Use T-code VOV8 and select your document type, say ZOR or so...

Then put an "A" against "Check Purc Order No" field.

Save it.

Hope this will help you out !

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV8, Select the document type and look the control settings, where u will find in General Control one Check Box i.e Check Purchase Order Number. Here select A. This solve ur purpose.

chan