cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Guides for Solution manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody help me to get the upgrade guides for Upgrading Solution manager 4.0 SP02 (ST 400 SP02) to Solution manager 4.0 SP09?

Thanks

Arati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Arati,

Please read note 394616, Maintance section.

There is not a guide for this patch "upgrade".

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores

Thanks for the note. But could you suggest then how to proceed to achieve the requirement? Do you think re-installation of ST400 SR2 on the same host having ST 400 SP02 will do?

Please suggest

Thanks

Arati

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Arati,

yes! you only need to import the patch to the different components of your solution manager, to know the most update patch level for each component select in alias

swdc the last available stack 12, or stack 9 according to your requirement.

From spam and saint we will apply the pathes, if you are using Solution Manager Diagnosis you will need to "upgrade" also the java components.

For sure this is faster than to reinstall the system.

Best regards,

Dolores

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to upgrade the Solution Manager 4.0 from ST02 to ST11. Now the upgrade process is stopped because of the error "IMPORT_PROPER". I think, I need to upgrade the SAP-Kernel at first. The Solution Manager 4.0 is based on Netweaver 2004s. It seems, there are two directories for the Kernel files:

- usr\sap\sid\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

- usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS01\exe

In which one should the files be imported? May I upgrade it with "copy" function,

just like upgrade for R/3?

Tanks A LOT!

Ying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ying,

To update Solution Manager From ST02 to ST11, you have to update he SAP System Kernel and the SAP Internet Graphic Service first

In general, the kernel and IGS binaries are located in the global kernel directory DIR_CT_RUN the <SAPGLOABALHOST>. Once the files in this directory have been updated to a new patch system restart will distribute them by means of the program SAPCPE to the local execution DIR_EXECUTABLE on the hosts where the instances of the ABAP system are running.

Execute transaction se38

Select the instance profile and click on display. The value of DIR_CT_RUN specifies which directory has to be updated in file system for kernel update.

Usually this should be “usr\sap\SM4\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386”.

But I recommend to check which directory to use from DIR_CT_RUN variable

1. Keep a backup of NTI386 directory before upgrading the kernel

2. Log on as user <sapsid>adm to the instance host to be updated.

3. Extract the SAR files(kernel upgrades) of the kernel and the IGS Support Packages to a temporary directory using SAPCAR .(most updated version)

4. copy all .sar to c:\tmp

5. Shutdown all instances and then services(SAP process and Oracle process)

6. Then copy the extracted new NTI386 directory from c:\tmp to C:\usr\sap\SM4\SYS\exe\uc. It may ask to overwrite the files, then choose yes

7. After copy start all process

Thanks

Arati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arati,

thank you for your answer! I have finished the upgrade now _

But, why I get the "SAP-Kernel Informationen" from "SAP-Server ('sm51')" -> "SAP Release Inormationen" still with the "Kernel Patchnummer:48"? I think, it should be "114".

Ying

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to reinstall - just apply the appropriate support package stack.

--

Markus