cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Sales Employee in HR and SD

0 Kudos

Hi

We have this scenario in our company.

1.A Employee is hired using the HR module and h gets a personnel number.2.we maintain infotype 0900 "Sales Data" for this employee here we

select his Sales Org , Sales Office , Sales Group.

3.We want to send some samples to this employee on his communication

address maintained in HR by creating a sales order in the SD module.

4.i tried various search in this site and other forums to find out how

a employee can be used as a customer but was not able to find much.

5.Request your help to tell me how to use a employee hired thru HR in

the SD module for order creation etc.Please send/direct me to documents if

available.

regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in patner determination procedure , declare the sales employee as one of the patner , assign patner type-- HR--(human resource) and the patner function is

sales personnel (SP).

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just to add the personnel no of the sales employee must be given in the customer master record . the personnel no is what maintained in the HR master record

reward points

sriram.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to xd02 - go to Company code data - In account assignment Tab, u will find a field as Personnel Number. This personnel Number is given to the employee by HR. Try giving personnel number of the sales employee use it. May be it will help to an extent.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to xd02 - Company code data - in account assignment, u will find a field as Personnel Number. Try giving personnel number defined in HR and use it. May be it will help to an extent.

Personnel Number

The personnel number is the only feature within a client which is unique to an employee. You have to enter a personnel number before you can display and maintain an employee's master data and time data.

chan

0 Kudos

Hi Chan

I tried xd02 and in the search for "Customer by Personnel Number" tab ,i tried to search for the sales employee . But i draw a blank . I feel it is some setting i have missed out.

regards

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your replies but i am still confused as to why i have to create a customer again for this sales employee whom i hired in HR . I mean cant i create a sales order directly against this sales employee ?.

You see if i have to create a customer again then i have to put in all the details again. I am trying to eliminate the need of typing in the communication address etc from HR again. We found people make mistakes during data entry and then there is inconsistency between data in HR and data in SD.

Like I want to be able to create a sales order on a sales employeei hired in HR and any changes done in HR should flow seamlessly to SD for these guys as after all both these moduls SD and HR are said to b integrated ?

Waiting for your inputs

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing Resourse Related Billing?

If yes, you will have to maintain the resourse as Material Master, Activity Type, etc & follow the process as Resourse Related Billing. Resourse Related Billing is different from Normal Sales Order Cycle.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Please tell me do I have to create a customer for each employee i hire in HR ?

I read some of the SD pdf's and they gave me idea i can raise any kind of sales order against any employee hired in HR and for whom Infotype 0900 is maintained.

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

In order to create the employee as a customer, you need to first define the account group for these employees T-Code ovt0, then assign the relevant partner functions in VOPA. Once this has been created, you can create a sales order for these employees.