Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginer in PLM

shishupalreddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

Please provide me the required material and the stuff to go through PLM from the begining

Also provide me the pre-requisites to get in to PLM SAP module

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Pre-requisites to get into PLM would be a PP/MM knowledge along with some PS knowledge

PLM has many things in it but important parts are PDM (Product Data Management) and LIfe Cycle Managment of Product.

PDM covers Material Master, Bill Of Material (BOM), DMS (document Management System), ECM (Engineering Change Mangement), OCM (Order Change Managment) & Classification System.

With the knowledge of these objects you can start working as PLM Consultant

and needs thorough knowledge of Integration and some Innovations in these objects.

Rest will be like CFolders, CAD Integration, CProjects (PS Knowledge is a must)

which all are a add-on/plug-ins, these are easy to execute as they operate on WAS (Web Application Server)

Knowledge on Content Server for storaing the External Application Files (*WRD, *.XLS, *.ACD, *.PT etc etc...)

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points if Useful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shishupalreddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

If you have any thing more to ask, you can reply or please reward your points and can close this thread.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Its really easy to start / work on SAP PLM as there is no definite process flow defined in SAP PLM, only thing is you need to fabricate with lot of objects and do lot of integration with you innovations i.e. R&D .

only CFolders & CProjects has a definite flow, you can follow the link below for the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/home.htm

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points If Useful