Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting check-in of a particular Application for a Document type in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

My requirement is

"I wish to check in a specific application file(.dwg type -drawing files) under a document type (drw). I want to restrict the user to check-in only drawing files under this document type." How i can achieve this?

Is there any SPRO settings to do this?

Can anybody help me in this?

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Did your question was Answered? or you have any doubts on your question please let me know.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Suitable Points and can close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman

I am trying the second option of creating an authorization objects but while doing so I am unable to add the application type(.dwg) to the authorization object.

Could you please send a step by step procedure for doing the same and also for the first option of putting check on the field "DAPPL"

Regards,

S.Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehaman

I have created a auth. object (z_dms_dappl) with the fields activity, doc. type and application. I have assigned the auth. object to role and the role to user. I have maintained values for the auth. object as follows

ACTVT - Create, change, display

DAPPL - ACD

DOKAR - DRW

But still I am able to attach applications other than ACD to document type DRW, which should not be.

Could you please guide me to proceed further.

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar

Go to Tcode<b> "DC10"</b> i.e. Define Document types

here you find the two fields "<b>Def WS Appl."</b> and<b> "Dis WS applic."</b>

these two fields are for specifying the Application you need for a particular document types.

so when you try to create a DIR and attach the Original by create or open then

by default you see the application what you have set in the DC10 for that particular document type but can be changed.

So you need to put a check on field <b>"DAPPL"</b> i.e. Authorization check through Object <b>"C_DRAW_DOK"</b>

OR

create a <b>z auth object</b> which specifies your doc type, application and status and allow the users to add a particular application type in a particular status

i.e. controlling through a <b>Z Autho Objects.</b>

You can even add an User Exit on the Particular field for particular users.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points If Useful