cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help on HTTP to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Client (JSP Page) is on server A and xi on server B.

Can I make sync connection --- http to xi to R/3.

How will I call xi from jsp page and return result back to jsp page.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No in this case HTTP receiver is not needed.

In case of sync communication the response is directly mapped to the sender's response so receiver is not needed.

regards

yugapreetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Question 1 -- Suppose I have jsp page A --- can u pls tell me what dummy url I have to give to my xi server

( Sender service -- aa, Sender Interface name -- bb, Sender namespace --- cc, UserName -- UN, Password - PP, QOS -- BE)

and I need to pass two parameters values --- 1,2 to xi.

Question 2 -- Suppose my result comes 3 (from rfc to xi ) how will I show to my result to jsp page B.

Pls advice

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can have a sync connection.

In jsp page you have to mention all the XI R/3 system details

and the response message is send back to the jsp page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know how can I send XI R/3 system details in jsp page.

Since it is sync communication do i need to use HTTP Receiver adapter also

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To configure a HTTP to RFC Scenario

thanks

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Since it is sync communication do i need to use HTTP Receiver adapter also

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rac S,

you dont need configure HTTP reciver for synchorouse case.

i did not get this question :

you can call directly XI system from URL like the another call. But URL will must detials of XI system and interface name and namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Question 1 -- Suppose I have jsp page A --- can u pls tell me what dummy url I have to give to my xi server

( Sender service -- aa, Sender Interface name -- bb, Sender namespace --- cc, UserName -- UN, Password - PP, QOS -- BE)

Question 2 -- Suppose my result comes 3 (from rfc to xi ) how will I show to my result to jsp page B.

Pls advice

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rac S

>> ur URL will be like this

Servername:port/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=ur namespace&interface=urinterface name&service=ur senderservice name

&sap-user=userid&sap-password=password&sap-client=100&QOS=EO&sap-language=EN

>> your response will be in format mapping of RFC response to HTTP response . so it will be in XML response of HTTP.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeram,

Thanks I have awarded you the full points!!!

Question 1.

So I will pass url in my java script submit button but where in URL i will pass request values (1 and 2)

Question2

I am not clear how will the response will be shown in jsp page B

I have done Message mapping where I map my response RFC to my response HTTP. So the response will come to xi. but how it will display in jsp page B.

Do I have to write some code to display result in page B

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rac S,

has you done mapping from RFC response to XI. our JSP will recive response in XML which is in the format outcome of mapping resonse from RFC to XI. take the XML and convert it accordingly to display it in JSP.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For Question 1.

Where in URL i will pass request values (1 and 2) as URL given by you only consist of XI cerdintials.

For Question2

Suppose I click submit button with values(1,2) and response I got 3 till XI

Now I am not able to visulaize how I will get value 3 in my JSP page since I have witten no method in my page to get value 3. Pls expalin

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you will have to write some code to show the data in a meaningful way to the user. If you give the response from your first HTTP post, directly to the user, it is going to be the XML, which is not so user friendly I suppose ?

Think about the using XSLT to transform the XML to the acceptable format.., also you may need to think about showing the other bits(header and other look and feel of your site) along with the data. If you are not using HTTP frames, you may have some extra work of showing the above extra bit as well.

cheers

danus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this

/message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Can I make sync connection --- http to xi to R/3.</i>

Yes

<i>How will I call xi from jsp page and return result back to jsp page.</i>

Have u seen HTTP client?

If u could provid the XI param through ur JSP page as we do for HTTP clients, then it would directly call XI

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

Also if my jsp page is in server A and xi in server B then also I can use http to xi to r/3 sync scenario.

Can u pls tell me how to call xi from jsp page (http client) as I don't know about it.

Some doc where jsp page is calling xi .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Pls advice

Regards