Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign trade - legal control.

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell me what skills/informations are needed to configure the Legal control? I mean although I understand the function and know how to configure, I have to read the foreign trade law to map the law into the system.

I think the information in foreign trade law is so huge and it is hard to define export control class number, license type etc in system by myself.

Do you have any experiences regarding this problem?

Many Thanks

Jean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jean,

I have done a Foreign trade implementation.

The core team of the client are FT experts and they would tell you about the legal requirements. Your job is to map them in SAP FT.

In this process you would gain Knowledge about Foreign trade regulations of that country. Remember its country specific.

The ECCN's are provided by the client. Info abt the same is extensivley available on the NET.

You have to get the list of all the mtrls which fall under the controlled cantegory of the respective commerce ministry and then start the config setting these mtrls as relevant for FT checks.

Thanks

Vishal

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your information.

You said your job is to map them in SAP FT.

Do you mean you define the license types, legal regulations which is required by SAP according to the information FT experts provided.

Any documentation for sample is appreciated. [Removed by the moderator.]

Many Thanks

Jean

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for reply,

well, i am learning SAP-SD, and i got error while attempting to create sales order, in which i was entering values in shipping section.

regards

amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

in order to understand what legal control is u need to have in depth knowledge of sales order processing and shipping, may be certain skills out of my knowledge.

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any solution will be appreciated and awarded.