Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of multiple currencies while creating shopping cart

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SRM experts,

I want to configure my system such that when i create a shopping cart i must be able to add different items using different currencies.

that is,

Shopping cart has item X and Y. item X has currency EUR. item Y has currency USD.

currently what happens is that i am able to create a such a shopping cart. but after that the shopping cart goes into approval. the approval workflow cannot be determined.

i am not sure if this happens because of workflow config not being done or this scenario requires a special configuration.

We are currently on SRM 5.0.

Could someone help me to configure this?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vidhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the currency in your WF starting conditions.

Usually, the attribute CUR in your org structure is the currency used by the WF at "header level". (for example : shopping cart total value)

Of course, if you maintain specific line item starting conditions, you have to make sure that the correct currency is mentionned else you get an issue.

Kind regards,

Yann

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I checked my workflow. The currency maintained for one step approval and for no approval is EUR.

how should i change this to have different currencies in the shopping cart per line item?

Regards,

Vidhya

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard, the total value of the SC is converted in the CUR attribute content.

If your CUR is EUR, the ttotal value is in EUR whaever other currencies you may have at line item level.

For youir WF starting conditions, if you do not have any EUR at line item, it should be ok because the total value is in your case in EUR.

Kind regards,

Yann

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

thanks for explaining it to me.

Now for shopping cart without approval (which is what i am trying to use) i have

1. WF currency = EUR

2. PPOMA_BBP CUR attribute = EUR.

but still, when i create a shopping cart with different currencies at line item level, the shppoing cart goes for approval. if i check the approval preview it is blank. i am not able to proceed with using the shopping cart.

What do you think could be the issue?

Regards,

Vidhya

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked in my SRM50 system.

ECS scenario.

If i create a SC with 2 line items :

- first one in EUR

- second one in USD

AND i do not have any "fixed" vendor in thsoe 2 line items

THEN 2 POs are created , one in each currency.

Now, i create another SC with 2 line items (EUR +USD) BUT with same fixed vendor.

Only one PO is created in EUR for both lines.

SRM has converted the USD line item into EUR.

The SRM PO was correctly duplicated into the backend ECC60.

My sarting conditions are very simple and handle only SC total value parameter

Kind regards,

Yann

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately thats not the case with me. The approval preview shows "no approval workflow started. Application error occured".

Regards,

Vidhya

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- Could you please confirm that with only one currency, the WF is working correctly ?

2- If yes, could you please give me the exact content of your starting conditions ?

Kind regards,

Yann

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes. The creation of shopping cart is successful if i use the same currency.

2. the workflow that i am using is Workflow Without Approval Shopping Cart. the conditions are &TotalValue(EUR)& < 1,000.00. the currency is European Euro.

Regards,

Vidhya

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The correct code should be more like :

&EC Requirement Coverage Request.TotalValue& < 1,000.00 ..

Please confirm...

Kind regards,

Yann

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that. Our systems are down right now. will make this change and check out soon.

Regards,

Vidhya

Answers (0)