Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anybody send a Detailed document for planning strategy 21

(Make-to-order prod./ project settlement) since i am not able to get the same from SAP help in detail.

My Mail id is ramanujamsrinivasan@rediffmail.com.

Reward points are assured.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

R.Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have triggred the project through planning strategy 85 when i am making a quotation.The account assignment is done for the project.The planned cost in the network is updated in the quotation.But i am not able to get the activity cost in the

WBS element though it is available in the network level. cost is flowing at activity

level as well but not getting transfred to WBS element.what is wrong here.

Is there any other setting to be done in the IMG ?

My client scenario needs a close interaction(flow) of data from PS to SD

I am trying to do DIP profile and Resource related billing for which i need

to capture the cost at WBS element level.

I also understand that i may have to use planning strategy 21.Can some one kindly provide me detail study material for planning strategy 21

Rewards are assured for timely & valuable help.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Control of Sales-Order-Related Production

Here you define the control parameters and default values that influence sales-order-realated production.

For the goods movements to be carried out through the sales order stock, you must select a requirements class that specifies an account assignment category that specifies that the goods movements should be carried out through the sales order stock (field Special stock).

To be able to collect costs on a sales order item, you must select a requirements class that specifies an account assignment category that allows costs and revenues to be collected on a sales order item (field Consumption posting).

For the Controlling component, the requirements class also determines the following:

Whether the sales order stock is valuated or nonvaluated (Valuation field)

If you are using a nonvaluated sales order stock, you must always flag the sales order item as carrying costs and revenues.

Which settlement profile is proposed in the settlement rule

Which results analysis key is proposed for control of results analysis

Which costing sheet is proposed for calculation of overhead

The overhead key in the costing sheet selects a template for Activity-Based Costing.

Whether the plan costs are calculated in

unit costing or product costing

Whether the sales ordr item should be costed automatically

Whether costing is allowed, mandatory, not allowed, or simulated

The requirements class is selected through the requirements type.

You can choose the requirements type as follows:

Through the MRP group in the strategy group in the MRP 1 view of the material master record

Through the item category group in the Sales 2 view of the material master record and the order type of the SD document (inquiry, quotation, sales order)

The Source field in the step "Control of requirements type determination" controls what method is used.

MRP view of material master record

The system selects a planning strategy through the MRP group or the strategy group. The system selects a requirements type through the strategy.

Example

The MRP group is linked to the following data in Customizing:

MRP group 0020 points to strategy group 20 (make-to-order production) which contains a number of planning strategies (such as main strategy 20 (make-to-order production), alternative 21 (make-to-order production / project settlement)).

The strategy points to a requirements type for customer requirements (such as KE (make-to-order production without allocation)).

If you entered a strategy group in the material master record of the material to be produced, you do not need to enter an MRP group.

Sales view and order type

Through the item category group in the material master and the order type of the SD document, the system selects an item category for the sales order item. In the step Control of Requirements Type Determination, a requirements type is assigned to this item category if 1 or 2 is set as the source or if no MRP group is specified in the material master record.

Example

Item category group NORM (standard item) is entered in the material master record.

Item category TAN is selected for standard orders (order type TA). For example, for item category TAN requirements type KE is selected (make-to-order production without allocation.

Item category WRET is selected for returns (order type WRET). No requirements type is selected for item category WRET.

This method offers the benefit that the selection of the requirements type is linked to the business process, such as quotation, sales order or repair.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The 21 is for Project scenario. Here the requirements are initiated from Project. The planning is initiated for the finished goods based on the project to which an assembly material is assigned. On MRP run with MD51 transaction the planned orders are created.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahman,

i think from what u said,i will be in need to use Strategy 21 as my scenario really

have the project as the origin.can you kindly provide some detailed study

material for planning strategy 21.

Thanking you

Best Regards,

R.Srinivasan