Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload Role???

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

i created few Comosite role's in client 100, downloded it and sent it to our onsite.but he is unable to upload.the error its showing when uploading is" the files do not contain any valid data".but i am able to upload the same roles into another client(200) and could see the authorizations maintained.

Note:: i am able to download it to my desktop and could unable to download into few other folders in my PC,moreover when download it to a folder in my desktop apart from this roles i am getting additionally few more files without any file extension,and few with ".sa"

rgds,

Anand

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand..

In which client and mention the server u want to upload the roles..

reg'

zeemaa...

0 Kudos

HI ,

i created roles in server ECC6 server at my place(india) in client 100 and the same i have sent which they have to upload at onsite in a different server( it is also ecc6).

i even tested downloading from my client 100 and tested it by uploading in a new client 200 in my ECC6 server

rgds,

Anand

0 Kudos

Anand if it's so urgent then transfer all the single roles to the target system..This can be done by getting to menu in the single role and mention the logical system of the client 200 in the target system..Test for one role..If it's distributed then proceed with other roles..Make all the single roles into composite in 200..

I think the problem is, we cannot upload same roles in either development or testing servers even if it is various clients....

reward if it's useful..

Reg'

Zeemaaa

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should look if you have enough authorizations. You need object s_gui with actvt 60 and 61. It is also possible that the system is closed for updates, that you have to see to in transaction se06. If a role or composite role already exist the system will tell you this and asks what you wants. Uploaded roles need to be generated(create profiles). You can do this with a mass generate which you can find in the pull down menu from transaction PFCG. If it is one role or so you can do this with the profile generator.

good luck

bye Jan

0 Kudos

solved

0 Kudos

How was this problem resolved? I am having the same problem in SRM 5.0 (trying to upload role and receiving message 'file does not contain any valid data').

Thanks,

Gail

0 Kudos

Never mind. I found the answer in another thread (choose 'UTF8 for Unicode' when downloading and uploading).

Regards,

Gail

0 Kudos

Gail,

When you upload the role, there is an Encoding option (under File Name & Files of Type), pick the Unicode, your system will now read the file correctly.

Good luck!

Lye

0 Kudos

Gail Benefield is right,found the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

First you look after the client setting.

How you downloading the role and uploading.

Regards

Venkataraju