Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erro receiving wh ile debuging for second page text not printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone comment on this

the problem is that i hav coded a code in window to display a simple text wiht exists in boht pages

just to display text " 3LG code"

form is being called from the driver program already

but it prints for first page only even thoth window exists in both the pages and durig debugging when it comes to 3lg for second page the code goes to next window automatically and do not execuest this line for second page onwards?

and dont even executes the remaining code in the window? and jupls to next window? abnormally

like for first page it goes inside the in and prints the text and since condigon not satisfies as not requried for second page

it goes inside and just in debugges i see 3Lg being takne then suddenly it jumps from there to next window unexpectly and dont even executes the remaining code and does not print this tex for second page onwards

/: IF &ZPLBL& = 'C000'

IN <B>3LG Code,,:</>,,'Not Required'

/: ELSE

IN <B>3LG Code,,:</>,,&ZPLBL&

/: ENDIF

not sure why the program is behaving like this it goes inside and takes 3gl then suddenly goes to next window from thre can u suggest

can there be any problem wiht paragraph format used or anything else as unable to debug it further as it jumps to next window from second page onwards and dont executes my code in this window for second page?

pls suggest

regards

Arora

regds

Arora

IN <B>3PL Label Code,,:</>,,'Not Required'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your <b>loop statement</b> in your driver program, where this window is getting called. I guess that will help to solve your problem.

It should work, but check the below cases it may help you.

Check in your driver program whether this window is called(in second page) when the line items in main window are getting overflowed to next page. For testing, just key-in hard text in this window and see whether it is getting printed in second page or not.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai RAm

As i already told that the above hard text is not priting ie 3gl code it is hard coded only and it should print

but all other text in this window is printing an that too for second page onwards only so the window is called in the driver program

hard text only i ma talkng abt her it is not printing from secod page onwards

there is no problem with the driver program valuese ar coming but that is not our concern

we are only concerned with hard text at present and it is not printing as i aleady explained above the on second page whne coming to this text line of hard code it goes inside and shows 3gl being takne in debugger from then if i do f5 then it goes jumps to next window and done even executes the remaining code in the window...

regards

Arora

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arora,

As I don't have access to your system, I have given some possible scenarios that which may be the cause.

OK, anyhow, try this it may be helpful to solve your problem, If you have copied the script from standard then from menu goto--> form documentation (read the documentation)

Or from menu, UTILITIES--> Form INFO.

This info provided above doesn't mean it will solve your problem completely, it may be helpful for solving your problem.

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sairam

Info is not of much help i am just unable to undertand why the program goes inside my line of code for priting on first page and then suddenly whne next page it goes inside takes the first letter 3gl and then skips rest part of window and goes to some other window unable to debug it also?

dont knw what is the reason for ths unexpected behaviour

pls suggest

regards

Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sairam

how to check for :

Check in your driver program whether this window is called(in second page) when the line items in main window are getting overflowed to next page.

as the subrouting is there for printing this form where and how can i check it

regards

Arora

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed opened a new thread for it

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can anyone reply on the error and suggest

also can changing and creating new paragraph format for it will help cna anyone suggest?

regards

Arora