cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change fields in SE 11????? access key???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I load datasoure 2LIS_01_S001 and it showed LIS environment generated incorrect (LBW0) so I trie to change fields (S001BIW1 & S001BIW2) in SE11 to match fields in S001 table. But it shows me that I need an 'access key', what it that? Can I change fields in SE11 not affect the data in R/3?????

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

When ever you try to change an SAP Delivered data dictionary object in SE11 you have to register it with SAP. There is a place in the OSS system for registering objects. I haven't done it in a while but I think you need the installation number and the object ID which you should have gotten on the message asking for the access key. You enter that information in the OSS screen and it give you something like a 20 digit key. You enter that in your R/3 system and then you can edit the object.

Warning: you will be changing the table and depending on what you are doing you may effect the data in the table. Deleting or shorting fields will result in data loss or truncation. The changes will effect any program using that table. You can do queries to see what the impact of your change will be.

If you need more info, Let me know.

John