Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post a system message to the SAP Portal version 7.0

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Every month we have to shutdown our SAP Portal for maintenance and would like to know if it is possible to inform our users of this downtime via a system message. On the ABAP side I can do this via SM02 but is there a similar function in the portal itself without having to change the ABAP configuration.

Anyone knows how I can achieve this?

Regards,

Owen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry guys I posted to the wrong area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DOE this feature is available in portal.. Yo can see the System Message link in overview category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen Shaw

Infact MI in itself provides the System Message feature using Transaction MI_SYNEWS and the message will be displayed to the end users at the end of synchronization or can be seen offline in the Messages link on MI Home Page. For more details refer to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/4cd95dd815376de10000000a422035/frameset.htm">link</a>. But for this feature also you need to use the ABAP side only and not EP.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guys,

I don't quite understand your reply to my post.

Perhaps I was not too clear in my original message so here goes:

We are running the SAP Netweaver Portal 7.0 which we once a month have to shutdown for maintenance reasons. I just want to know if there is now a builtin feature in the SAP portal to port a System message to alert the users of this downtime.

I am not at all concerned about SAP MI or any other SAP components.. just the SAP Portal.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings you may have had from reading the original post.

Message was edited by:

Owen Shaw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaw your question would have better chances of answer in Portal Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

"to alert the users of this downtime". Here, by users do you mean the portal users or the mobile client users? If it is mobile client users

You have a feature in 7.0 also where you can post system messages from the ABAP side, which will be shown to the mobile users the next time you sync.

Regards,

Nameeta