cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS in SOLMAN (setting up CCM4x agents, CSMCONF-File)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to monitor SRM 5.0 and R/3 Enterprise Server 4.7 from my SOLMAN 4.0.

<b>Is that right to install the CCM4x agents on the these satelite systems?

What is the content of the CSMCONF-File, that I am generating from SOLMAN centrally as well as on the both satelite systems?

With wich Client should I generate the CSMREG-user from SOLMAN? (000, 001 or my producitve client)?</b>

Thank you very much!

regards

Axel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

I would prefer the installation of the CCMS agents. The advantage is, that you can use central autoreaction methods.

you can do the installation "interactive". Then you don't need the conf file before starting the installation.

The installation will create the conf file, containing all connection infos to the SolMan.

You need the user in your productive system.

Perhaps you can give me your mail adress, so I can try to answer some more detailed questions...

Kind regards

Timm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timm,

Is that right that you prefer to install CCMG-agent instead of CCM4x-agents?

As I menntioned earlier I have Enterprise R/3 4.7 system SRM 5.0 that will be centrally monitored by SOLMAN 4.0.

<b>Can you please describe the technical steps (SOLMAN-side, satelite systems side)?</b>

Of course can I give you my email: p_schulze20000@yahoo.de

Thank you

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Shortly answering to your questions:

There are three types of agents available for monitoring

- sapccm4x agent is required to monitor a remote ABAP instance (you need one agent registered pro ABAP instance)

- sapccmsr agent (required to monitor a host without ABAP instance-> e.g. a stand alone host)

- ccmsping - required to setup technical system availability monitoring of ABAP/JAVA systems and instances

1) advantages of using sapccm4x agents is that you can get the monitoring data actively pushed to CEN. Also it is possible to setup central autoreacions and use Alert Management Framework (ALM) efficiently.

sapccmsr agents from my point of view are useful only for logfile monitoring and OS process monitring. To monitor a java-instance with sapccmsr agent is from my point of view useless, since with the default J2EE monitoring content deliverd in CCMS it is not possible to detect a critical situation in areaof perfromance and on the other hand activation of sapccmsr agent could cause severe performance problems if logfile monitorig of J2EE is not deactivated (SAP Note 867773). So, for ABAP instance I would do recommend use sapccm4x, for JAVA instances I would recommend to setup sapccmsr agent for CPU Utilization of single J2EE server Nodes all the other data you have to take from Wily IS.

2) What is the content of the CSMCONF-File, that I am generating from SOLMAN centrally as well as on the both satelite systems?

csmconf file is a configuration file of sapccm.. agents (CEN system ID, client, users, etc)-> it is generated automatically in dialog mode if it does not yet exists

you can get a very good description in the document

http://service.sap.com/monitoring -> Media Library _> Documentation -> "..Agents:Insallation and usage.pdf"

3) With wich Client should I generate the CSMREG-user from SOLMAN? (000, 001 or my producitve client)?

it does not matter in wich client CSMREG user is generated. This user is used in order to actively push monitoring data to CEN-> the client where you start transactions like RZ20 and/or DSWP is O.k.

4) Can you please describe the technical steps (SOLMAN-side, satelite systems side)?

it depends on which functionality you are going to use for monitoring.

there are following possibilities:

1. sattelite systems->CEN( tr. RZ20) -> Autoreactions / ALM

2. sattelite systems ->CEN (tr. RZ20) -> IBM Tivoli/HP OVO -> tickets (directly or via Service Desk)

3. sattelite systems -> CEN (tr. RZ20) -> SAP Solution Manager (tr. DSWP)

I would recommend either 1. or 2.

for the case 1. you should install on sattelite systems sapccms4x/sapccmsr agents and then configure RZ20 / ALM in CEN

for the case 3. check the SAP Note 1023959: "FAQ:System Monitoring Customizing in Solution Manager"

Best regards

Andrey Adov