cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 3.2 SR1 Install Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm having a hard time trying to install SAP SolMan 3.2 SR1 on Windows Server 2003 x86_64 with Oracle 10.2.

I have installed the OS and Oracle 10.2.

When I start the installation of CI of SolMan after couple of screens it gives me the error:

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: No db client software version available in tORA_ClientVersion for client type AMD64

I have searched for days google and other forums and couldn't find an answer.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you install Oracle 10.2 from SAP provided Database DVD or from Oracle themselves ?

You enerally need to install Database from SAP DVDs.

Also make sure you have minipatch 10.2.0.2.1 installed (mandatory requirement)

Also, did you install Oracle Client software from Oracle Client 10.2 (DVD: 51031613_10) ?

Hope it helps...

Cheers !!

Satya

PS: Pls reward points if the answer was helpful...Thx !!

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

Iu2019m exactly in same situation as you (one year before ...) :

- same installation

- same message u2026

Can you tell me how you do to run sapinst ?

Thank

Alain

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To run a 6.40 kernel against a 10g database you need to have a special installation CD set. That CD set is not available for Solution Manager.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I try to use the following version of SAPINST : Solution Manager 3.2 is included

It seems good u2026

Installations and Upgrades SAP NetWeaver SAP NETWEAVER SAP NETWEAVER 04  Installation and Upgrade Windows Server  ORACLE 51033746_15  Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on x64 64bit

Regards

Alain

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it will work if you adapt the .xmls after they are unpacked manually. SolMan 3.2 expects a kernel 6.20/6.40 and an Oracle client 9.2. This combination is not configured in the delivered .xml files.

The easiest way would be to install on 9.2 and then upgrade your database.

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

please allow me this stupid question, as I did not found any explanation in your thread.

Why are you installling now the old release 3.2?

The current and recommended release is SAP Solution Manager 4.0. It provides enhanced functionality and is build on current SAP Netweaver 7.0 (2004s).

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3.2 is in official maintenance until march 2009 so it´s pretty ok to install that ALTHOUGH SAP recommends otherwise.

If we wouldn´t have been urged I wouldn´t have had done that upgrade too (you know why)

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already get the patch from the link that you mentioned.. but that's only 10.2.0.2.0 patchlevel and I need 10.2.0.2.1

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

The current Oracle 10.2.0.2 is at level patch-14 ( http://service.sap.com/swcenter-3pmain). So, that patch (10202_Patch14_MSWINX86-64.zip ) should be fine,

Also there you will have Oracle Install client OCL10264.SAR.

But, I'm now thinking of the point Markus mentioned earlier about compatibity in 6.40 kernel and Oracle 10g. You might have a look at note 949116.

In that case it might be you will have to go for SolMan 4.0 (based on WAS 7.00). If you are only using ABAP stack (no Solution Manager Diagnostics), they must be almost same.

Cheers !!

Satya.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

His problem is, that the installation CD is 10.2.0.1 - the patch you are referring to is for 10.2.0.2 and will not install on 10.2.0.1.

To get the patch 10.2.0.1 --> 10.2.0.2 you need to download the patch CD

51031725_2 Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 Patch for Windows IA64, I386, X86_64

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't have such number, isn't the patch 10.2.0.2.1 located somewhere on service.sap.com ?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how to register it asks me for a "Support Identifier" or something

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be mentioned in your license copy provided by Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replays.

I think I missed something which is mandatory... I can't locate the minipatch 10.2.0.2.1 for Oracle.

The Oracle 9.2 for x86_64 isn't available in SAP marketplace, I think it's obsolate... I have to use 10.2.

Can someone please direct me to where I can locate the 10.2.0.2.1 patch?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can donwload from http://metalink.oracle.com if you are an Oracle Customer

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan 3.2 is based on a 6.20/6.40 kernel and thus will use the Oracle 9.2 kernel and NOT the 10.2 instantclient.

SAPINST asks you for a database server and client - what did you choose there?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be able to install Solution Manager sorry for the typo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have that directory yet, I have installed the OS and Oracle 10.2.

I don't have any sap system on the box.

The SolMan will be the first, and I need Oracle Client to be able to install Oracle Client I think.

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create those directory structure manually (as described in the first part of the installation manual). Copy the database client dll file. And then hopefully your CI installation will go thru..

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to ask again but what's that directory I don't have a sap kernel directory, because that's the first CI I install... please tell me an example of where that directory would be. Thanks

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

Generally it will be something like:

<DRIVE>:\USR\SAP\<SAPSID>\SYS\EXE\RUN or <DRIVE>:\USR\SAP\<SAPSID>\SYS\EXE\<codepage\<platform>\

depending upon platform. Check those directories what you have and look for disp+work.exe. The .dll should be in the same directory.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cd contains only .dll files how to install the Oracle Client?

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just copy it to the DIR_CT_RUN (usually Kernel directroy) ...

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Satyabrata

Thanks for your replay.

I have installed Oracle 10.2 without the patch... I'm installing it now.

The Oracle Client CD contains only .dll files and I'm not sure how to install it.

I have downloaded Oracle Client 10.2 from oracle.com and installed it with no success.

I have Oracle Client 10.2 x86_64 CD from sap which contains only .dll files.

Do I have to install Oracle Client 10.2 i386 as you suggest.

I'm downloading it and will try thank you.

I'll tell you the results

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

Generally the when you install Database Instance via SAPINST, it automatically installs Otracle Client software as of 10g in DIR_CT_RUN directory.

If not done, please copy the .DLL file into that directory (same as SAP Kernel directory).

x86_64 or x86_i386 will depend on your Windows OS (H/W). If it's 32-bit Windows use i386 CD and if 64-bit then x86_64 CD.

However, you have to patch the database anyway as it's mandatory in SAP running on Oracle 10g..

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Points always encourage me to reply...