cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep alive of WebDynPro sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a WebDynpro application which at some time invokes another servlet (window) where the user has to perform some actions. The problem is that if the user stays in the popped up window for longer (which is usually the case with that application) the WebDynpro session associated with the initial application expires and when the user tries to access the initial window he/she gets that ugly message and has to log on again.

Any ideas of how to get over this?

I am thinking of something like keep-alive functionality, a window that periodically pops up, access something on the server that extends the WebDynpro session and closes, but did not have any success so far.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no I don't need to update the main window (it actually doesn't matter).

Currently I invoke the poped up window in this way:

wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow().

The external window is a servlet not a WebDynpro application.

What I am thinking about is to embed in the servlet page a (java) script which invokes the main application with special parameter. So it knows that is being invoked just to keep the sesison alive and closes automatically. I am not really sure whether this will actually work as is under question whether both instances of the WebDynpro application will in fact use the same WebDynpro session. Although the main application, the servlet and the invoked by the script application inherit the same user credentials and no log on screen appears anywhere.

Thanks,

Dimitar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that property. However this doesn't solve the problem but just goes round it.

I need a general solution.

You could never know how long time the user could spend in the popped up window.

Regards,

Dimitar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know if there is a standard way to solve your problem.

The popup window that you are calling is it a callExternalWindow or a callWindow method. When you say you want to keep it alive, are you trying to refresh the main window or what.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on the application.. go to applciation properties and set the expiration time..

This should help !