cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting IDOCs without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following the blogs /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

to collect my IDOCs into the File System. Thats working good,

Now my question is Should I need to have an SM59 connection between my R/3 and my XI box for the above Scenario?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

No,you dont need any RFC dest. between R/3 and XI,see basically you are collecting IDOC in the form of a File which will be read by sender File adapter at a later stage in your configuration,so there is no need for RFC dest.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad thank.

Whether this File System is out side of the R/3 System? Whether this file system comes along with R/3 or we need ot configure that separately? how the security will be maintained for this File System>

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

Just like R/3 , file system is considered to be a separate system which needs to be configured separately. It is nothing but your file server, which may be two cases, NFS or FTP.

There are also scenarious where u need to send data from r/3 to File system. Hence, both are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it depends upon the company's setup.

see if you have the drives mounted on the R/3 serve itself,then use NFS in the sender file adapter and pick up the files.but if you have separate File server then use FTP in sender file adapter and pick the file

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahamad, how safe these file systems are? Can I collect my IDOCs in these file system? ( The IDOCs contain about our compnay payment information) or can I collect these IDOCS in the BPM which IDea would be better and why?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

ofcourse its safe,probably you are confusing a little bit:)

see suppose your company has a File system(which all company's do),you can collect and send the IDOC to this file system(just give its path ) and then pick up the file from this server.

then it will be like a sender File adapter scenario,instead of sender IDOC scenario.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to connect with R/3 and XI, always you require to have a sm59 rfc destination. Also check transaction IDX1 and IDX2 which configures and imports idoc metadata into XI.

Award if useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reply given is for general idoc to XI scenario. As in your weblog, they had used File adapter and doesn't require any connection between r/3 and xi.