Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation fails due to domain password policies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't install the netweaver preview edition. it says:

<b>INFO[E] 2005-07-01 15:33:34

Account user="nb14137d\j2eadm" does not exist.

ERROR 2005-07-01 15:33:36

<html>The password you entered for user <em>nb14137d\j2eadm</em> is too short.<p>The minimum acceptable length is 8 characters.</html>

WARNING 2005-07-01 15:49:06

The step createWebAS with step key J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|

J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|

J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|createWebAS was executed with status ERROR.

</b>

I think this is because the installer wants to enter "admin" or something like that as password for a windows user account. But my domain policies require strong passwords, i can't change that!

Is there a possibility to change the password the installer wants to set? I already changed the file

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST\keydb.xml

from

<fld name="UserName">
        <strval><![CDATA[nb14137dj2eadm

des19(98|17|139|163|51|195|178|124|235|)

]]>

to

<fld name="UserName">
        <strval><![CDATA[nb14137dj2eadm

#Sap123!

]]>

and retried the installation, but the same error...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a big night mare to us . Could anyone from SAP jump in and solve this issue ?

Aneez

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP, can you guys give a hand with this issue? This is the third treat I found related to this issue and I haven't seen any solution yet. I am facing the same issue which prevents me from continuing. Thanks, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to change the password policy. But I'm getting the JLoad error. I eventually switched back to SP9 also...which works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like more of us have this issue..

I think I try to install SP9 again, as that one did work for me, although I also had to create the 2 users manually to get it working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

please rename the default profile from default.pfl to DEFAULT.PFL (in

capitals) and restart the installation.

the path is
usr\sap\<sid>\sys\profile

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

there is no file "default.pfl" on my whole hard disk. there isn't even a directory \usr\sap... the installer fails before the creation of it...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Usually you're supposed to have a clean system, rather than create the j2eadm mannually, otherwise, you'll get conflict. So I'm also having the "webas has no properties (in script InstallationScript_61..." issue after mannually created the user account.

The installer used to ask for password, which you can make it conformed to policy. This version is painful. Any suggestions? I'm trying to download a real one from the service marketplace.

thanks.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Don't you have the option to enter the Master Admin password during installation? If no, try the way you already did but choose a more "normal" password, i.e. one that contains only alphanumerics.

Hope that helps!

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

That didn't help either... I now solved this by creating the OS users "j2eadm" and "SAPServiceJ2E" manually in windows control panel with policy conform passwords. The installer recognizes this and asks for the passwords to continue...

but now it has the following error:

<b>ERROR 2005-07-04 08:33:35

FJS-00003 TypeError: webas has no properties (in script InstallationScript_61, line 14070: ???)

</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You must use the password as per the policy. and your security policy is also restricting for 8 characters. so please use 8 charactes length passwored. e.g. Initial1

regards

Anand.M