cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Demand Planning: Two proprotional factors in a Plannning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need to have two proportional factors in a planning area. The scenario is like this:

I have some 4 key figures. Let us say A, B, C, and D.

A and B have historical data.

Disaggregation of C depends on A and disaggregation of D depends upon B.

Can I configure planning area for such scenario?

If yes, then how do I calculate these proportional factor and where are they stored?

Has someone come across such kind of scenario?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You can do this. In your planning area, you just have to select the aggregation type as depending on another key figure(Type I) for C and D. Assign A and B to C and D respectively. As Ulises said, you can calculate the proportional factors in /SAPAPO/MC8V.

Please refer to these:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/73/3e1167347111d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm">Aggregation and Disaggregation</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/66/29fb672fbe11d398240000e8a49608/frameset.htm">Generation of Proportional Factors</a>

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulises and Visu,

Thanks for the answers. Ulises you explained in very good way. Thanks for the inputs. I knew that proprotional factor is stored in APODPDANT.

1. But was a bit confused on the availability of other key figures in planning area in disaggregation F4 help. Not sure why they are there in case everything is APODPDANT.

2. This also takes me to Visu answer when he asks to use C, D key figures in planning area for disaggregation. In case I use these two key figures then where are proportional factors stored.

Just wanted to be sure to have understood the complexity and answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes. You can use other key figures as well. Lets say you have plant with sales 100, other with 200 and third with 400. Then you can say for forecast key figure, give me proportions based on plants. This case, you can use the plant's sales keyfigure as input to forecast aggregation.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you run transaction /SAPAPO/MC8V the results are always stored in APODPDANT key figure. But, if you don't want to use or don't need to use proportional factors calculated by the system, you can use any key figure as a basis of disaggregation.

When you specify the Calculation Type as P in your planning area, you are saying that this key figure will be disaggregated by another key figure you can set APODPDANT if you want to use the system calculation or you can assign any other key figure if you want to use other values.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in case I use other key figure then I guess I do not need to run /SAPAPO/MC8V transaction. In case it is required to be run then I will have to follow the strategy as suggested by Marín. Visu when you put base key figures other than APODPDANT then did you run the transaction /SAPAPO/MC8V twice (each for each key figure)? As it seems also that proportional factor calculation is an off line activity and when planning situation changes the proportional factor doesn't change automatically. We have to keep on using /SAPAPO/MC8V transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is not mandatory to run transaction /SAPAPO/MC8V, this transaction is only a tool, but you can use any value that you want to use in any key figure that you want without run this transaction.

I hope this help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I completely agree with what Marin says.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means I simply put other key figures as a basis for proportional factor in planning area and system will take care of disaggregating dependent key figures automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, just remember that disaggregation occurs when data is saving at aggregate level, so, if you already have data in your planning area, you cannot see the effects of dissagregation at least you change this data after changing the basis of disaggregation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marín and Visu,

Thanks a lot for taking time to explain. Have a nice time ahead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is possible to do this, but you need to specify some things in your planning area and some macros.

First, the only way that i know to calculate proportional factors is in trasaction /SAPAPO/MC8V. The results of this transaction are stored in Key Figure APODPDANT. In your planning area you need to specify that your key figure is going to use a Calculatn Type: P and Disag. Key Fig.: APODPDANT.

But you need to use 2 proportional factors, so you need to calculate the first proportional factor with history of A and then run a macro to copy this proportional factor from APODPDANT to ZPROFACTA, where ZPROFACTA is a customized key figure, then I recommend that you run a second macro to erase APODPDANT content.

After deleting the content you can run the second propotional factor with history of B you can do two thing, you can use APODPDANT as a B proportional factor or you can copy this proportional factor to another key figure via a macro. If you want to choose the second option, so you need a macro that copy APODPDANT to ZPROFACTB, where ZPROFACTB is a customized key figure.

Before this calculations, you need to add these key figures in your planning area and you need to specify that C has a Disag. Key Fig.: ZPROFACTA and D has a Disag. Key Fig.: ZPROFACTB.

In order to see the APODPDANT key figure in a planning book, you need to specify that this planning book can modify this key figure, you do this in transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B, in the Planning book tab you need to mark the check box Manual Proportion Maintenance, save the planning book and after saving, you can see APODPDANT Key Figure.

I know that this sounds a little bit confuse, and unfortunatelly my english is not very good, but i hope that this can help you.

If you need more help, just let me know.

Regards.

Marí