Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atp

Former Member
0 Kudos

this client is a automobile client they manufacture engines for bikes and cars

the scenario is as follow

they have 2plants basically but 1 plant is use for shipping and 1 is for manufacturing and plant2 for shipping only but in rare cases they use plant1 for shipping for few customers the thing they wants is

suppose there are 2 customers CUST A and CUST B and CUST A orders a material (XYZ) and 99% material in this company is MTO(Make to ORDER)and gets a delivery time through ATP by calculating RLT for eg of 2 months after which is also called as forward scheduling

and When Cust A material is ready and when its updated in stock and for eg just after updating stock CUST B orders the same material(XYZ) and when system checks the stock through ATP obivously it will say that they have 1 stock in the plant ready to be shipped and as enduser wont know who ordered this material or if this material is already been ordered by sum1 end user would assume this material is ready and we maintain stock and would confirm CUST A delivery shiipping date to CUST B so CUST A wont get that material and infact CUST B would get CUST A material so basicaly matter of fact CUST B is stealing CUST A material

so looking at this scenario the client wants is

whenever there is a order placed the client wants to block the material for that customer no mater what is the delivery date so ineed configuration for this

and there is 1 more scenario we are confused at is what happens if the matterial from manufcturing plant is transfered to shipping Plant there will be transfer of stock so will this above scenario still gonna work if suppose there is a customer who ordered same material xyz at shippingplant and there is 1 more customer who had his ordered for same material at manufcturingplnt when viola transfers the materials to shipping plant will this settings gonna work or it will be again mess

so i need detailed configuration step for this ATP look in to it i knw its very hard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase of MTO scenario, the stock is treated as a sprecial stock & assigned to the order number for which it is manufactured, hence I suppose there should not be confusion at enduser level, as the material in stock will reflecxt as special stock for customer A.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh

Thanks for reply but am still confuse do u mind sending me the detail configuration

please if you dont mind

Thanks

irfan

dramszalone@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create/use item category as "Individual Purchase order" set special stock as "E" & assign this to your sales order type. With this it will ensure that when you make stock receipt against the PO, the stock will move to specials sales order stock & user can make delivery only to the sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

As i am trying all the possible ways do you mind sending methe configuration step by step please if you dont mind

Thanks

dreamszalone@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link: http://help.sap.com/

Path: SAP Best Practices --> Baseline Packages --> Based on SAP ECC 5.00 --> Select Country: for eg, Localized for India --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> Select Country for eg, India -->

J66 - Make-to-Order (MTO) - Quotation Processing / Order Processing

Select the required basic configuration / scenario. These will consist of overview, configuration guide, business process, master data &so on ...........

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.