cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-XI-JDBC scenario, jdbc sent too slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a IDOC-XI-JDBC scenario,

the problem is that near 5 Lac IDOC is sent to XI, each IDOC is processes by an instance of the scenario, and the sent to the Database is too clow...means 4000 records per hour,

can i configure the JDBC receiver adapter in a way, so that it becomes faster/more concurrent,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

First raise the issue to the DBA he might help resolve the ISSUE more efficently.

Secondly check in the JDBC adapter -> Adavance mode -> Disconnect from the data base after processing each message shouldn't be set.

Even check with Database Transaction Isolation Level -> default is value of the connected database.

<b>The isolation level determines how transactions running in parallel can influence each other</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Why not the other way around > Collect multiple idocs in a file restrict maxium number of idocs to required value then send the file ?

Stefan Grube Example:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

if it is with bpm then collect multiple idoc with occurance change and send them.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

**REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL <b>

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Advaced Mode -> Disconnect From database after Each message processing

U should fine tune ur JDBC application with this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/412290ec-0201-0010-0790-dfd946ef...

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

prateek thanks,

but can u provide me a reference to a sap note or some detailed info about the thing u r tlking about....

coz the system is in production and i may die if system stops working,

one more thing, what i understood is, if each running instance of scenario, makes one connection, and we dont use this parameter "Disconnect From database after Each message processing", the connection would be released on the J2ee stack's wll, and sooner the connection resources will start exhausting,

so its better to use "Disconnect From database after Each message processing

",

please verify..................

i suppose in SP20 NW 3.0 there is an option for giving "maximum concurrency" in JDBC receiver adapter............but i have SP19 NW 3.0....what can i do?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this for optimizing parallel processing

SAP Note 862405 - XI Configuration Options for Lowering Memory Requirements

<i>"Disconnect From database after Each message processing"</i>

There is a connection pool on the J2EE stack for JDBC connections. If the conncetion is not disconnected, then after the connection threshold is reached, it will start throwing out of memory error

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i somehow monitor, the number of database connections being used or the limit on database connections that can be used....

where can i monitor it.........on the j2ee stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah prateek agree with you. Thanks for reminding that point.

Cheers,

*RAJ*