cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenu Recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

It will be of great help if anyone can send me the revenue recognition step by step process screen shots. I am in need of it. Please don't send me the concept. I know it already. I want to know the cofiguration steps. My id is broutray@gmail.com

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

revenue recognition check mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bapi,

Please check these links

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/billing-cannot-be-release-to-accounting.htm

http://www8.sap.com/businessmaps/FACDD8118E0E48D1AEE0E75A15520FAE.htm

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/AD6FD4B4DAD0453DB87A7957161753F2.htm

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

P.S. you can send me a mail at my mail id rakeshsinghchauhan@gmail.com for any specific details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document sent to ur ID.

Reward if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Revenue account determination in very simple steps to configure.

IMG- SD- BASIC FUNCTIONS - ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT & COSTING - SELECT REVENUE ACCOUNT DETERMINATION.

SELECT CHECK MASTER DATA RELEVANT FOR ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT.

THEN SELECT MATERIAL ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT GROUP.

SELECT NEW ENTRIES.

MAINTAIN Z1 - TRADING GOODS

Z2 - FINISHED GOODS

Z3 - SERVICES.

THEN SELECT CUSTOMER ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT GROUP.

SELECT NEW ENTRIES.

MAINTAIN Z1 - DOMESTIC REVENUES

Z2 - FOREIGN REVENUES.

THEN APPLY THE CONDITION TECHNIQUE.

1. STEP. SELECT ACC. SEQUENCE FOR ACCOUNT DETERMINATION.

2. STEP: SELECT NEW ENTRIES. AND MAINTAIN

Z000 - ACC SEQ. FOR A/C. DETERMINATION. CONTINUE & ENTER AND

3. STEP: SELECT THE Z000 AND THEN SELECT ACCESSES FORM THE MENU. AND AGAIN SELECT NEW ENTRIES. THEN MAINTAIN

ACCESS NO AS 10 AND THE TABLE AS 1

ACCESS NO AS 2O AND THE TABLE AS 5. ENTER. AND SELECT THE

ACCESSES AND SELECT FIELDS. AND AGAIN RE- ENTER.

4. STEP : SAVE THE ACCESS SEQUENCE.

5. STEP: SELECT CONDITION TYPE FROM THE SAME MENU PATH.

6. STEP: SELECT NEW ENTRIES. AND MAINTAIN

CONDITION TYPE AS Z000 - DESCRIPTION AS ACC. DET. TYPE AND ACC.SEQ. AS Z000. AND SAVE.

7. STEP: SELECT ACC. DET. PROCEDURE FROM THE SAME MENU., SELECT DEFINE ACCOUNT DET. PROCEDURRE.

8. STEP: SELECT NEW ENTRIES. AND MAINTAIN

PROCEDURE AS Z00000 AND DESCRIPTION AS ACC. DET. PROCEDURE.

9. STEP. SELECT Z00000 and then select control data and again select NEW ENTRIES. AND MAINTAIN AS

STEP AS 10 ,

CNTR AS 0

C.TYPE Z000 AND SAVE.

10. ASSIGN THIS PROCEDURE TO UR BILLING DOCUMENT AND SAVE.

11. FINAL STEP: SELECT DEFINE AND ASSIGN ACCOUNT KEYS.

STANDARD ACCOUNT KEYS ARE.

A. ERL. - SALES REVENUE - 800000

B. ERS - SALES DEDUCTIONS - 888000

C. ERF - FREIGHT REVENUES - 809000

D. MWS - OUTPUT TAX - 175000

E. ERB - REBATE SALES DEDUCTIONS - 884000

F. ERU - REBATE ACCRUALS. - 884010 89000

G. EVV - CASH CLEARING. - 100000.

12. STEP: ASSIGN THIS ACCOUNT KEYS FOR THE FOLLOWING COMBINATIONS.

SELECT NEW ENTRIES. AND MAINTAIN

V + Z000 + INT + S.ORG + Z1 +Z2 = 800000. LIKE THAT U MAINTAIN FOR ALL YOUR ACCOUNT KEYS.

13. STEP: AFTER ALL YOU HAVE MAINTAIN THE ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT GROUPS IN THE CUSTOMER MASTER UNDER SOLD TO PARTY / PAYER IN THE BILLING TAB AND IN MATERIAL MASTER UNDER SALES ORGANISATION 2.

PL. REWARD POINTS IF IT IS SOLVED.

REGARDS

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP R/3 SD Revenue Recognition - Best Practice Guide might help you. It can be downloaded from OSS note 779365.

Regards,

Holly Lane

Eastman Kodak Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In revenue recog. you can create your billing documents and they will be passed to accountings.But in this case your customer account would be debited and deferred accounts would be credited.

The purpose of revenue recognition is that you can post all the revenues from a deferred account to sales revenue account for a particular period together for all the docs. through transaction VF44.

if you can se your sales docs no. in VF44,then your revenue recognition is successful.Press on collective processing inside VF44 for posting the revenues from deffered acc to sales revenue account.

Configuration part includes the setting of revenue recog. in item category by following the path sd-basic functionsaccount assnmnt/costingrevenue recog.

Then you have to assign G/L accounts.In the first column of assigning g/l accounts ,enter your sales revenue account and in the second column enter deferred revenue accounts.Deferred revenue account is a spcl g/l account.

Don't forget to enter reconcilliation account in your customer master as well.

It may happen that in revenue recog item categories fields may greyed out but you have to get authorization for your id from a basis guy.

:The point at which revenue (income) is credited to a revenue account in General Ledger. There are three possible types

Time-based : Revenue is recognized in equal proportions between specific start and end dates based on the number of posting periods defined at the company level. Revenue recognition for time-based documents can occur before, during, or after the invoice process.

Performance-based : Revenue is recognized based on the occurrence of certain events such as goods issue or the performance of a service. Revenue recognition for performance-based documents can occur before, during, or after the invoice process.

Standard : Revenue is recognized at time of invoice.

Reward points if it helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Govind. Is it possible in your part to send the screen shot ?

Thanks again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to <b>VF44 </b> run to recognize the revenue for the posting period concerned. Run VF44 again and see If It Isn't getting recognized or posted to the revenue g/l acct.this will generate a Revenue recognition accounting document