cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message ME083 - Enter Valuation Price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I Create Purchase Requisitions, the system send error message "Enter Valuation Price", but I want to change this message to a Warning Message, because I need create some requisitions with valuation price zero 0, in some line items.

Please, any help I will appreciate.

Regards, Hector

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Hector,

As per my knowledge, there is no use even by converting the Error message (E) to Warnning Message (W) for your query. I think you can't create, but i am giving you the path in IMG for this setting in below:

Here is the Path for doing the above :

IMG --> MM --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define attributes of System Messages

combination : 00 ME 083 W &

also

00 MEPO 082 W

(instead of W - Warnning keep it empty that means No messages)

but, still the system won't allow you to create the PR.

but, i can tell you in other way to do, i mean to create a PR withOut Price is,

for that you have to USE the Field Selection Key as $$$$ for your Purchase Requisition Document Type (like, NB or FO)

then, it will allow (system) you to create PR withOut Price

withOut any Errors....No messages...

Or

there is another option to create PO without Price is

IMG --> MM --> Purchasing --> Purchase Requisition -->

Define Screen Layout at Document Level -->

For Field Selection key : NBB ( if you are creating a standard PR withOut price that using NB)

Selection group : Quantity & Price (Remove the Indicator for all options (that means unflag all the checkboxes)

then, Create PR using the document type: NB,

you can easily create withOut Price and with No Errors.

this is one time setting, will be applicable to all the future PR's with the NB document type concerned.

So, decide which suites you better, before doing,

Hope this will solve your query,

reward, if it resolves,

Regards,

Srinu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Thank you saprin and Narayan, for you anwsers.

My problem is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hector

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hector,

As far as I know, this message is not customizable meaning that this is hard-coded by SAP and cannot be changed.

If you still wish to create PRs with no valuation price, then you need to make the 'Price and price unit' field an 'optional' entry for relevant field selection keys (say PT0B, NBB, ME51N) in SPRO->Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Requisition->Define field selection at document level.

I would suggest you to revisit your business requirement before proceeding on these lines.

Hope this helps.

H Narayan