cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate PAR files onto NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have search this forum and have found many good posting similar to what I am wanting to do with existing PAR files onto our NWDI landscape, but I still have some questions. Firstly, we have about 1000 par files that have been developed and need a granular way for migrating them into our NWDI landscape. I have install the JDI according scenario 2 and want to use DTR for version control and CMS for managing deployments between runtime systems (DEV/QA/PRD).

My confusion is understanding how is creating an SC for all the existing PAR files, do I create one SC and create multiple PAR DCs (standalone) from the existing PAR files?

Someone please pont me in the right direction for migrating existing PAR files onto a JDI environment.

Note:

Platform: NW04 SP19

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Steps in the migration

- Create DCs for each of the PAR files

- Copy content from the PAR to the DC

- Checkin the Activity. At this step the DTR versioning kicks off. You have access to ALL the functionality of the DTR. This is seamlessly built in..

Hope this helps.

thanks,

vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth Gururaj,

This sounds pretty straight forward, I will let you know how things went, as for now I have to get busy grouping the DCs and their dependencies in SCs.

Thanks again for your immediate response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

how are things going with the convertion? was it easy ?

any challenges? even i am in the process of moving to NWDI. Let me know the pitfalls and any useful links.

appreciate ur response.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes....once you group your DCs into SCs and checkin your DCs into DTR, all your DCs will be saved to the DTR workspaces and the versions will be maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good deal, Laxmi!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Each PAR file has to be mapped to a single DC.. In this case you will have as many DCs as the number of PAR files.

SC is a deployable unit. So you will have to decide and group the DCs that you think shoudl be deployed together into an SC. 1000 DCs in a single SC is surely not a good idea from the point of view of the performance of the NWDI system.

For details regarding the migration into NWDI, please use the link -

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c81ebbd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c81ebbd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/content.htm</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

Thanks for your response as now I am understanding how DCs are configured to SCs now. As for DTR, Once I have group my DCs into SCs and defined their dependencies, I will be able to take advantage of DTR for version control as well?