cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binary Packed Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just wondering how to interperet these types of numbers in XI. When making a DT do I have to use a special type, like xsd:hexBinary?

Oh, and I'm pretty generous with points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

<i>I was just wondering how to interperet these types of numbers in XI</i>

I couldn't understand which numbers u are referring here, is it the heading Binary number are u referring to? If yes , then there is no need to define xsd:hexBinary, while reading the file, in sender comm.channel give the file type as Binary. I think its more sufficient.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved this using the sender as binary and using java mapping to handle the Packed Binary Numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it is MQseries, there is no way to have the sender in binary mode...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using them,but i strongly feel usage of Binary as file type in file Sender would suffice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is, I'm using MQseries which does all the conversions, and it leaves the binary parts with odd characters when I check a test file receiver channel, I was hoping that something like this could be resolved using the hexBinary, or another Binary xml definition.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of data types like numbers, dates can be represented as String and there is no need to choose any other type.

Regards

Stefan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just use a FTP sender adapter and select mode as "binary" instead of text /ascii...

This would help u

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/15/copy-a-file-with-same-filename-using-xi

Regards,

Prateek