cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Hierarchy in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problems with hierarchies in BW. It is possible to transport a hierarchy inclusive data from BW-System1 to BW-System2 ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know if this procedure is correct. I have the same problem... I want to transport a hierachy from one BW System (Development) to other BW System (Production).

Let me know if it worked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps are as follows:

1. Create an export datasource on the info-object. It would create a data source 8***H for the hierarchy.

2. Go to the target BW system where you want the hierarchy to be loaded. Create a source system for the "source" BW system.

3. Replicate the source system. You would find the export datasource created existing there.

4.For the info-object create the info-source using the source system as the "source" BW system.

5. Create infopackage for hierarchy and click the "Available hierarchies from OLTP". In our case the BW "source" system is the OLTP.

6. The hierarchy created there would be visible here. Though it would be empty.

7. Schedule the infopackage and load it.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't see the export DataSource when I want to assign it to an InfoSource whereas :

- I can see it on RSA6 (source BW system)

- I have replicated MasterData

- I had already done it fine with 0... objects. Now I'm with a Z... object.

My source BW system is 2.0B and my target BW system is 3.1C.

Could anyone help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My InfoObject was designed as attribute only.

It's working fine now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murat,

Please answer sunil's question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey dinesh,

Could you tell me how can we move hierarchy from one system to another with export data source.as per my knowledge we need to do separate loads to individual systems..because openhub also not supporting hierarchies(sap has not implemented in 3.5 also)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Will you give us the idea about your system landscape( in which you are doing this I mean is it a QA to Production , Production to production etc) and your purpose to do so.

Suneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

Yes..That can be done..Create an export datasource on the info-object for which the hierarchy is existing. You can then load the hierarchy from the BW system 1 to the the other BW system 2.

Bye

Dinesh