cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP: Order with wrong number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the following situation:

In EBP Server (3.00 version) we have configured a number range related to Purchase Orders, for instance, starting with '80'. So, all the Orders in R3 that come from EBP, must be in this range. (This is external to R3). The Orders created in R3 are on the other range (starting with 70, for instance).

The customer had created a shopping cart and it was approved by the manager. After this, the SC was transmitted to R3, and got the status "Currently being transmitted to R/3 - cannot be changed". At this moment, using transaction BBP_PD_30 and passing the shopping cart number we could see the Order number 80xxxxxxxx reserved to this cart. I sincerely don't know why, but this Order was not created in R3. After some time, we could see that an Order 70xxxxxxxx was generated and it was originated from that Shopping Cart. In summary, a shopping cart generated an Order using R3 number range and not EBP number range.

Is it possible to have "an request for create an Order" being automatically reprocessed by R3 (due to few system resources at the first time, for instance) and, when this reprocess occurrs, SAP is getting the R3 number range? Is there a job in R3 side to treat this?

Have you seen this kind of problem before?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see whether any BAdI related to<b> grouping and number assignment object changing in Back end system</b>. This BAdI will have 3 methods one for <b>grouping of PR</b>, second one is for <b>grouping PO</b> and third one is for <b>number assignment changing</b>. I think in your case this BAdi is working. Grouping of PO and PR methods will be used if customer requires grouping other than standard.

if it didn't work, let us know

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

see whether any BAdI related to <b>grouping and number assignment object changing in Back end system</b> is activated or not?. This BAdI will have 3 methods one for <b>grouping PR</b>, second one is for <b>grouping PO</b> and third one is for <b>number assignment changing</b>. I think in your case this BAdi is working. Grouping of PO and PR methods will be used if customer requires grouping other than standard. Method number assignment will be used if we want different number range in R/3 and SRM for the same PO or PR.

Message edited by:Satya

if it didn't work, let us know

reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Thanks for your answer.

The point is this problem does not occur often. That is, 99% of the time, the orders are created correctly, but few times they got the R3 number range....

Is it possible to have "an request for create an Order" being automatically reprocessed by R3 (due to few system resources at the first time, for instance) and, when this reprocess occurrs, SAP is getting the R3 number range? Is there a job in R3 side to treat this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please explain us with a example where R/3 number range is picking and with a scenario where correct number is coming.

I want to know whether any groupings of items is occurring in back end or not?

Let me know BAdI: BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE is activated or not?

If the mentioned BAdI is in activate state then deactivate it.

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

We are using EBP 3.0 se we don´t have the BADI BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE.

I sincerely don´t know how this problem occurs. I don´t have a step-by-step to reproduce it.

I'm trying to find some functions, BADIs, programs, etc that can help me to discover why it sometimes occurrs.

I believe that:

In the moment the function in R3 is called to create the PO, the R3 server could not attend or interprets it has to use a R3 number range and not the number range provided in the call. But I don´t know this process. Which function is called?

Is it possible to occurr?

Thanks!

Cristiana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you are believing is done by BAdI: BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE, I don't have any idea whether this BAdI is available in EBP 3.0 or not?

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had applied the SAP note 707090 and it is working now.