cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable ALV Grid column behavior under ITS standalone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a straight forward implementation of an ALV Grid with 3 columns. Two columns are display only and the third is editable. My question only involves the editable column and its behavior in a web browser served by a standalone ITS server. The underlying data type is CURR. The enterable amounts are restricted to a format of 9.99. Even so, a web user can accidentally enter a non-numeric value such as 1.x0 . We have coded a data changed event handler to check the input value for expected amounts. The event handler logic readily identifies the non-numeric value and handles the exception. Although we have full control of the internal table value, there are two problems encountered within the web browser interface:

1) We cannot return the cursor to the problem cell to prevent the user from continuing before correcting the problem.

2) We cannot reset/change to displayed value to the original internal table value (it will only refresh after a save or refresh action). So the user has no visual cue that they've entered a bad value unless they pay close attention.

Running the transaction in SAPGUI, we can force the cursor back to the erroneously cell using "CALL METHOD alv_grid->set_scroll_info_via_id" . This technique does not appear to affect the cursor within the web browser.

After searching SDN forums and SAP documentation it appears that there is no way to programmatically control the ALV Grid active cell within the web browser interface. I'm wondering if the experts can confirm this issue? If that is the way it works within the browser interface could members please suggest "user friendly" approaches to notifying the user of a data entry problem? For example, is POPUP_TO_INFORM to only option? Perhaps there is a JavaScript routine that can enforce the edit format? Please keep in mind that the standard ALV Grid techniques that work in SAPGUI don't necessarily behave the same way in the web browser. I'm most interested in advice regarding the web browser using standalone ITS as it will be another year before we can leverage WebDynPro in this scenario.

Thanks and best regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

can you please create a short report which recreates the issue and post the ABAP here. The goal is that webgui and SAPGUI behaves the same way. If they don't we will try to fix it.

Best regards,

Klaus