cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspend / resume plug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

for technical reasons we're implementing a webdynpro application that calls other webdynpro applications using suspend / resume plug mechanism.

The question is: how can I read the passed parameter <i>sap-wd-resumeurl</i> inside the called webdynpro component?

Thank you in advance,

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have mapped the suspend outbound plug and resume inbound plug.

The outbound plug will have the <i>sap-wd-resumeurl</i> as parameter. Simlarly the resume plug will also have the one paramater. In the method generated for the inbound plug you can read the <i>sap-wd-resumeurl</i> parameter.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the sap-wd-resumeurl is automatically added by the environment and contains the value of the back url.

The problem is that when I try to create a parameter on the inbound plug of the called application the developer studio tells me that <i>the identifier sap-wd-resumeurl is not valid, it may only consist of the characters a..z, A..Z, 0..9 and _</i>.

Please help!

Thanks,

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think its an application parameter.The plug parameter is "Url" and not sap-wd-resumeurl

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you that on the outbound plug of calling application the parameter is Url and that this parameter must contain the Url to call. In this way the system call the Url specified that is the Url of called application.

Because of the nature of the outbound plug, that is a Suspend plug, the system adds a new parameter at the Url of the called application. This parameter contains the Url to call to fire the Resume plug of calling application. This parameter is sap-wd-resumeurl.

The problem is that on the inbound plug of called application I can't create such parameter. Where am I wrong?

Thanks again

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The parameter is not a plug parameter. Its a URL parameter.

http://someurl ? sap-wd-resumeurl = someurl..

You need to access the request object.. and get the parameter sap-wd-resumeurl.It would not be available in the plug parameters.

Thanks and Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's exactly my problem.

In the tutorial Inter-application Navigation there's explained how you can use exit plug adding parameters and how to read these parameters from Url. The procedure described is that you need to add a parameter to the Inbound plug Default and that this parameter is then automatically valued by the environment. This is not possible for Suspend plug because of the parameter name. How can I do this?

Thanks

Stefano

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bhardhwaj is right that the parameter is url parameter.

you can create othere paramters for communication but it shouldn't have "-" and other character mentioned in the error msg in NWDS.

For Your scenarion passing paramaters will not work, you need to work by way Bhardwaj has told. That read it via request object.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Fact is , even if you can create sap-wd-resumeurl in your default plug.. it still wont give you the value... as the values are a part of url and not the plug..

Instead you need to use ,

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter("sap-wd-resumeurl");

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bharath,

you've been very clear and helpful.

Thanks also to all the others.

Stefano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefano,

I am also in the same situation as u are.

after moving to next webdynpro application we can access the sa-wd-resumeurl with

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter("sap-wd-resumeurl");

now after clicking a button i nned to resume back to my first application. how to achieve this using the above resumeurl.

plz help !

regards

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved..

i used the exit plug with the resume url and fired it

regards

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everybody..

i have created suspend and resume plug.

but i have to pass username from webdynpro to jsp..

so i m creating one extra parameter in suspend plug apart from URL parameter.

but when in view i m creating and action for a button or link action ,it wont create in the implementation.

but if i dont give any extra parameter like username in suspend plug then ,action method is created automatically in view implementation...

please help me .. i need to pass extra parameter from webdynpro to jsp..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello subhojit,

for passing parameters from WD to other applications by HTTP/GET you can use the following notes:

• enable application property "sap.suspendable.application"

• create a method in your view and bind the action button (or equivalent) to it

• create a suspend plug in your component interface view and define a parameter of type string named Url

• declare a method in your component controller (like "fireSuspendPlug") which invokes the component interface controller's IPublic-API to fire the suspend plug defined before: wdThis.wdGet<interface view name>InterfaceController.wdFire<Suspend Plug Name>Plug(Url);

• call the component controller method fireSuspendPlug() in your view controller's action event handler.

For solving your main problem, you might choose to append some additional parameters like:

wdThis.wdFirePlugSuspendApplication("http://path.to.your.application/index.jsp?"
				+"parameter="+parameter);

Dont forget to deal with the automatically added sap-wd-resumeurl parameter of Web Dynpro.

-

Generally spoken, it is not recommended to pass around usernames or something equivalent in plaintext (if at all use encryption)! Especially, it should not be used for authentication in a scenario like this.

hope this helps,

best regards,

Christian Lubasch