cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPE Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to run a BPM scenario[ HTTP -> XI -> R/3(sync) & XI -> File(async) ]

but unfortunately i am getting error msg in SXMB_MONI ( Error Message being - "BPE_ADAPTER">SYSTEM_FAILURE_INTERNAL -

an internal error has occurred ) and no scenario information in SXI_Cache even after double clicking on Integration Processes at left window pane .

On checking SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING i saw that "Maintain Prefix numbers" is Red marked...

Is "Maintain Prefix numbers" needed to be green marked...?If yes then how to do it ? is it the role of Basis guys ?

Kindly suggest some solutions.....

Points will be awarded..:-)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>5) In the dialog box, you need to enter a Prefix number higher than 900 and choose Save.

Though i can see an entry of 900 as Prefix No. ....Is it really necessary that Prefix no . should be greater then 900 ?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Santosh,

The BPE Adapter error may be also because of Inactive version of BPM runtime

So as suggested check the SXI_CACHE again and make sure that Return value is 0.

Also do this: Go to Transaction SWWL and delete all the errored entries which belongs to your integration scenario

Then you can re-import the Integration Process into Directory so that it will be re-active.

rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the quick response...so far what i have concluded from your message is that

1> Prefix no. is a must for any BPM scenario as it will trigger workflows....Am i right

2> An entry of Integration Process will be available @ SXI_Cache even if the scenario is not executed...Am i right ...:-)

Please correct me if i am wrong...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create Integration Processes (BPMs) in the IR thats design. You then activate it and import into the ID - thats for config.

When you activate the imported BPM in the ID, it's replicated as a workflow to the ABAP stack.

You can check if the BPM is active and error-free by executing transaction SXI_CACHE on ABAP, clicking on Integration Processes and then you pick your workflow (you can tell by name and software component version).

There is a field return-code - if it's 0 that means it was replicated successfully from Java to ABAP. You can also see the ABAP workflow number as assigned by XI - this number will fall within the number range you picked during the post install configuration step "Maintain Prefix numbers". If it's not 0 your workflow is in error (different kettle of fish)

Re: Workflow Customizing:

You can execute this step yourself if it has not been done (indicated by the red button instead of green).

TO DO THIS: (extracted from install guide)

... from SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING

<i>1) Choose Maintain Definition Environment &#8594; Maintain Prefix Numbers

2) Press F8. The screen Prefix Numbers for Workflow and Organizational Management appears.

3) Press Ctrl + F1 to activate the edit mode.

4) In the box Available Prefix Numbers for Workflow and Organizational Management, choose Create.

5) In the dialog box, you need to enter a Prefix number higher than 900 and choose Save.</i>

sincerely,

--NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step maintain prefix numbers allows you assign number ranges to your custom workflows on the ABAP side (BPMs)

This is a post install step - pretty easy... You can ask your basis person, or do it yourself --> click on the execute icon and enter a number range e.g. 99* will work.

As for your BPM - first step is check if the BPM was succesfully replicated to the ABAP side. SXI_CACHE, select the BPM and ensure RC is '0'.

If all this works, then thats a good start.

After that, check your queues, check SWI1 and check SWPR - for the possible errors with that BPM...

Of course check RWB for the initial message that should have kickstarted this scenario and look at the status.

sincerely,

--NM